• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are using the google maps and they work for the most part. Some queries will pull contacts from our db but fail to map. When I look at the diag window I see a message similar to the one below.........

"Skipping geocoding of Ben Frnaklin due to error from google scraping."

I have looked at the contacts that fail and don't see anything different about them. They all have the correct fields of info with no blanks or wierd characters. I have even tried to copy the info out of SF and directly into the google maps linkm, and it maps correctly! Is there any way to see additional info about the scraping process or figure out what is wrong? The contacts that fail seem to be consistent but unremarkable.

Thanks!!

After much massaging, I finally got the Google map code to work except for one thing!  When the map displays my leads (or contacts), I cannot drill down into the balloon name as expected.  It appears that "this.id" is returning nothing preventing me from properly forming the link.

Any ideas?

We are using the google maps and they work for the most part. Some queries will pull contacts from our db but fail to map. When I look at the diag window I see a message similar to the one below.........

"Skipping geocoding of Ben Frnaklin due to error from google scraping."

I have looked at the contacts that fail and don't see anything different about them. They all have the correct fields of info with no blanks or wierd characters. I have even tried to copy the info out of SF and directly into the google maps linkm, and it maps correctly! Is there any way to see additional info about the scraping process or figure out what is wrong? The contacts that fail seem to be consistent but unremarkable.

Thanks!!

After much massaging, I finally got the Google map code to work except for one thing!  When the map displays my leads (or contacts), I cannot drill down into the balloon name as expected.  It appears that "this.id" is returning nothing preventing me from properly forming the link.

Any ideas?