• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am a Business Analyst working with salesforce.com for the last 5 years and have more than  13 years of technology experience.

I have expertise in following area:

- Facilitate business and technical discussions

- Create cross-functional alignment

- System analysis and mapping of business requirements to system design and data models

- Discover system/data/process problems and articulate their impact on the business

- Unit & system testing

- Project management

Salesforce specific experience

- Confirgure standard objects

- Create new fields/Custom links/Buttons

- Create custom objects/Configure Custom objects

- Write Validation rules

- Create Workflow and Approvals

- Create and administer Mobile/Salesforce outlook configurations

- Understanding of Prod and Sandbox environments and how they work together

- Create Users/Profiles/Roles

- Using Apex dataloader

- Understanding of how Apex Classes/Triggers/Visualforce pages work

I am looking for a contract or perm position in Bay Area

Thanks!

Email: my.job.replies@gmail.com

I am writing a custom Visualforce email template for one of approval process. When the request is approved, I want to add Approved By and Approval Comments fields in the template. Any idea how to do it?

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="User"

relatedToType="Custom_Object"

subject="Your Request has been approved: {!relatedTo.name}">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>

<body>

<font face="arial" size="2">

<p>*** REQUEST APPROVAL NOTIFICATION ***</p>

<P>The following request has been approved.</p>

<p> Request Name:                {!relatedTo.Name} </p>

<p> Approved By: ???? </p>

<p>Approval Comments:              ?????</p>

<p />

<p><a href="https://www.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.id}">https://www.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.id}</a></p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

</font>

</body>

</html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

Is it possible to get metadata information about the Workflow and Approval process through apex code? I would like to get entry criteria for an approval process dynamically in my code.

I need to find if there is something like Rxxx3x-xxx(where x is a wildcard) in one of our Opportunity description fields. How do I do this in the reports?

I have an approval process for the Quotes. We have some entry criteria that need to be met before the quotes can be submitted for approval.

Right now, when the criteria is not met, we get a standard Salesforce error "This record does not meet the entry criteria or initial submitters of any active approval processes. Please contact your administrator for assistance. "

I would like to let the users know exactly which criteria was not met . This can be done in two ways, either invoke a VF page when the criteria is not met or send an email alert to the user.

I want to implement the first option, where we have a custom error  VF page, telling the user exactly what went wrong. If this cannot be done then I will go with the email alert.

With first option, I have not figured out where to invoke the custom VF page from. Submit for Approval button is not visible and hence I cannot invoke it from there. Has anyone implemented this kind of functionality? Help Please!!!

Is there any way to write a validation when a user clicks on Submit for Approval button for an approval process? 

Submit for Approval button is not even visible in the Button and Links section. So, I am not sure how to do it.

We have created an approval process for our quotes. We have defined an entry criteria where the quote has to have certain values in four fields before it can be submitted for the approval.

The issue is, when the criteria is not met, users are directed to a Salesforce generated error page, which says:

This record does not meet the entry criteria or initial submitters of any active approval processes. Please contact your administrator for assistance. 

We want to tell users exactly which field is generating the error. Is it possible to indicate specifically which criteria was not met to the user?

Thanks!

I am trying to update PriceBookEntryID of an already created OpportunityLineItem. I am getting this error:

caused by: System.SObjectException: Field is not writeable: OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntryId

Is it possible to update PriceBookEntryID after the OpportunityLineItem has already been created?

I have a custom object linking Accounts and Opportunities. I am trying to get all the opportunity ids related to an account, using following query.

public Id[] Opps = [select Opportunity__c from  RA_Opp_Link__c where RingLead_Account__c = 'a0AT0000001nBrS'].Opportunity__c;
}

public Id Opps = [select Opportunity__c from  Custom_object__c where Account__c = 'some account id'].Opportunity__c;

The query works fine for one record but fails for multiple records with the following error:

System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject

To resolve the issue I changed public Id Opps to public Id[] Opps. but I started getting "Illegal assignment from Id to LIST<Id>" error. How can I change the query to accept multiple IDs? Thanks!

We have two recordtypes in cases. While creating a new case, I am passing recordtype in the create call and also trying to assign it to a queue using an assignment rule through API.

My problem is if I try to do both then the assignment rule kicks in but the recordtype is ignored. If I remove the assignment rule then recordtype kicks in.

I am not sure what my problem is. Here is the code I am using for Assignment Rules:

my $uri   = "urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com" ;
 my $autoassign = SOAP::Header->name('autoassign' => 'true' );
 my $assign_hdr = SOAP::Header->name('AssignmentRuleHeader' => \$autoassign )->uri($uri);

my $r = $client->call($method =>
                SOAP::Data->name('sObjects' => \SOAP::Data->value(@elems))
                          ->attr( { 'xsi:type' => 'sfons:'.$type } ),
                          $self->get_session_header(),$assign_hdr);

And here is how I am passing RecordType:

$result = $port->create('type'  => 'Case',
 'Subject'                       => ['XXXX','xsd:string'],
 'Status'                        => ['New','xsd:string'],
 'Origin'                        => ['Other','xsd:string'],
 'RecordTypeId'           => [$record_type,'sforce:ID'],
);
What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

• September 11, 2006
In my script I am using my API account to log in. After that I need to verify a SelfService user. How can I do that?

Also, If there are two selfservice users with same email address and how can I identify the right one?

Please let me know if the question is not clear.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, we are considering using Sales Force to lunch a new website

Since i'm new to the platform, i was wondering if any of you would let me know how much did it take for you to catch up with it?

Suppose that i'm thinking in doing a regular website which has a database and a few sections, are we talking about weeks or months?

thanks in advance

best regards

Fernando Gabrieli

Is there any way to write a validation when a user clicks on Submit for Approval button for an approval process? 

Submit for Approval button is not even visible in the Button and Links section. So, I am not sure how to do it.

I am trying to update PriceBookEntryID of an already created OpportunityLineItem. I am getting this error:

caused by: System.SObjectException: Field is not writeable: OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntryId

Is it possible to update PriceBookEntryID after the OpportunityLineItem has already been created?

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement wherein i need to override the Standard Approval Process buttons like Recall, Submit to redirect to my custom VF page instead of going back to the standard detail page.

Does anyone know how can this be done either through apex or some other way?

Any help would be very useful.

Thanks

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-29-2008 11:26 AM
If anyone has quick answers to any of these I would appreciate it greatly.  I've read the workflow docs but can't seem to find answers... thanks

- what happens when workflow task is assigned to "role" with multiple users?
- is there an api for "change owner"?
- can approvals be submitted automatically?
- can validation rules be run on submit for approval?
- access to line level detail for workflow rules?
- is selective locking available?
- can owner or others edit during approval process?
- approver notification of what they are approving?
- conditional steps within approval process supported?
- why can't you modify activated approvals?
- submit for approval button, can it be hidden?