• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I am trying to do a SELECT DISTINCT values from one of our custom tables. The equivalent of

SELECT DISTINCT fieldA,fieldB from tableC

But it looks like there is no way to do this with the Salesforce API am I correct ? if yes then how can I run a query like this ?

Later on I will need to run a query to get the count of distinct values in a table,
I can do SELECT count() FROM tableA
but cant do SELECT DISTINCT count() FROM tableA

Thanks
  • February 01, 2008
Hi All,

We have an integration system that has been running for more than 2 years without any problems. The system creates contacts / leads...etc via the API.

Two days ago we started getting the XML response below everytime we try to create leads....the message says: :insufficient access rights on cross-reference id

Did something chnage in the API recently ? our code hasnt been updated for two years...would it be some new permissions ?

Thanks,

The XML response looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
- <soapenv:Body>
- <createResponse xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
- <result>
- <errors>
  <fields xsi:nil="true" />
  <message>insufficient access rights on cross-reference id</message>
  <statusCode>INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY</statusCode>
  </errors>
  <id xsi:nil="true" />
  <success>false</success>
  </result>
  </createResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

• July 17, 2007
I did good progress exchanging data via Soap with sforce.

I noticed that it is not possible to overwrite the contact's LastModifiedDate when I try to update the record.

I basically want the LastModifiedDate to be the date that I updated the contact's record in our system which is different than last updated date in sforce so that sforce is in sync with ours.

Is this a limitation with sforce ? Did anyone else try doing this ?

My sql is quite simple: UPDATE contact set LastModifiedDate=2005-12-16 09:50:23 WHERE Id=2344

Zareh
  • December 16, 2005
Hi All,

I'm doing a SOAP call to get a contact'slast modified date and in the response its showing [ Dec 14 22:50:29 2005 ] but it is atually [ Dec 14 09:50:29 2005] so how can I make the system return 09:50 instead of 22:50

My query is: select LastModifiedDate wher FirstName = 'Zach'

Thanks
  • December 14, 2005
Hi All,

I am trying to do a SELECT DISTINCT values from one of our custom tables. The equivalent of

SELECT DISTINCT fieldA,fieldB from tableC

But it looks like there is no way to do this with the Salesforce API am I correct ? if yes then how can I run a query like this ?

Later on I will need to run a query to get the count of distinct values in a table,
I can do SELECT count() FROM tableA
but cant do SELECT DISTINCT count() FROM tableA

Thanks
  • February 01, 2008
Hi All,

I'm doing a SOAP call to get a contact'slast modified date and in the response its showing [ Dec 14 22:50:29 2005 ] but it is atually [ Dec 14 09:50:29 2005] so how can I make the system return 09:50 instead of 22:50

My query is: select LastModifiedDate wher FirstName = 'Zach'

Thanks
  • December 14, 2005