• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am a developer of SalesForce since 2005.

I have developer, architecture and senior level expertise and have completed multiple corporate retrofit as well as startup consultation agreements.

I am looking for project work onsite or normal employment work remote.

I am a native US based English speaker based in Eastern Time zone, have corporate setup as well as corporate insurance, liabaility insurance and able to pass any screeneing or background checks.

Brian A. Thornton

SalesForce Developer/Architect

Denver / Indianapolis/ Fort Wayne / Chicago

since 2005

(260) 267-6520

I have a easy question re abstraction of logic.

I have a VisualForcePage that needs to read an ID from the URL, lookup that data and autoredirect to the URL found in a custom Object returned by a query.

I understand that the redirect will be in javascript using the window.Location="someurl";

How do I read the URl coming from the page if defined and do the lookup?

How is this possible? the task would be something like "call to inform about warranty offer" etc.
When using the API is there a max number of leads you can import?
How can I remove the "Powered by Salesforce" footers?

So here's where I am at:

1. Generated and saved my the wsdl locally.
2. Invoked it local wsdl
3. Get response from server with my sessionid and getServerUrl.

When trying to invoke the new url with my SoapHeader I return "UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService".

When I try to post to the new server ((getServerUrl) ) object using the setHeader object I get a local error regarding the stubs.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Brian A. Thornton

since 2005

Please contact me if you have experience with setting up customized dashboards and reports.

Hi,

We have a web-based application, built in Java that allows clients to submit information to us online. The application essentially carries out inserts and updates on a single custom object which stores customer details within salesforce. However, we are experiencing lots of problems regarding the performance of the application, particularly with the sforce API calls.

We've implemented compression but that doesn't appear to improve things. We only need to query a single object at any given time so bulk calls won't improve things. Also, the fields associated with the custom object are mostly numeric fields so very few large text fields exist.

The only bottleneck we can see is that the application executes a number of queries, i.e. select and insert/update queries while the users is filling out their details online.

Is there any way to improve the performance of the query process? Or have you any ideas on what else we should examine to improve the performance and speed of the application?

Regards,
Karen
How is this possible? the task would be something like "call to inform about warranty offer" etc.
How can I remove the "Powered by Salesforce" footers?
Hi there,

Has anyone connected SaleForce and Flash Remoting or comsummed the SaleForce webservice inside Flash MX?

I am creating a Flash application that needs to communicate with SaleForce but I am a little lost as to how to go about this. Anyone pointers would be great.
  • December 01, 2005

So here's where I am at:

1. Generated and saved my the wsdl locally.
2. Invoked it local wsdl
3. Get response from server with my sessionid and getServerUrl.

When trying to invoke the new url with my SoapHeader I return "UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService".

When I try to post to the new server ((getServerUrl) ) object using the setHeader object I get a local error regarding the stubs.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Brian A. Thornton

since 2005

Just starting the development of a cold fusion app to access SF. Cannot seem to find a way to reset the SOAP URL... Very simple code follows..

<cfobject
       webservice="salesforce"
       name="salesforce">

<cfset login=salesforce.login("[user@]","[password]")>

<cfset query=salesforce.query("select fieldList from objectType")>

Error received:

Could not perform web service invocation "query" because AxisFault
faultCode: {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
faultSubcode:
faultString: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}fault:
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

Can this work in CF?

If not, I have noticed an array of java classes that come with the JSP sample. Are there any documentation available for these classes?

Message Edited by halfaquark on 10-14-2005 01:19 AM