• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I'm using beta3.3 to perform a DescribeLayout on the Account object.  It takes at least 90 seconds for a the function to complete.

Is this a common experience? 

I'm only in a test environment at the moment but if this is the sort of response I can expect it won't be a viable option.

Is there anything I could do to speed it up?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • March 23, 2006
Hello,

I'm trying to change the unit price on an opportunity line item thorugh Ajax.

I understand that I have to send "UnitPriceSpecified" to salesforce for the update to take place but I don't see how I can do this.

Anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • February 16, 2006

Hi all, Has anyone tried using DBAmp with SQL Server 2005 Integration Services? It seems to be fine as a source but I can't get it to work as an OLE DB destination. I can call up the list of tables and select one but when I try to access the "Mappings" dialog I get this error:

Error at Package [Connection manager SALESFORCE.user.name@org.com]:

An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E22. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040E22 Description: "Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation.".

Error at data flow [OLE DB Destination [490]]: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SALESFORCE.user.name@org.com" failed with error code 0xC0202009.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020801C (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

I think I'll look to get round this by encapsulating the updates/creates in stored procedures but I wondered if anyone else had come across the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

• January 31, 2006
Hi all,

I have a query -

SELECT Description,
Id, OpportunityLineItemId,
Quantity, Revenue,
ScheduleDate,
SystemModstamp, Type
FROM salesforce...OpportunityLineItemSchedule
WHERE ScheduleDate < 2006-01-25
AND (Description = null OR Description = '')

This returns an error

Server: Msg 7342, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Unexpected NULL value returned for column '[salesforce]...[OpportunityLineItemSchedule].Description' from the OLE DB provider 'DBAmp.DBAmp.1'. This column cannot be NULL.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: Unexpected NULL value returned for the column: ProviderName='DBAmp.DBAmp.1', TableName='[salesforce]...[OpportunityLineItemSchedule]', ColumnName='Description'].

If I remove Description from the SELECT list the query works correctly.

Does anyone have a suggestion to work around this so that I can include Description or is this just a feature of DBAmp?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • January 26, 2006
Hi all,

I'm using beta3.3 to perform a DescribeLayout on the Account object.  It takes at least 90 seconds for a the function to complete.

Is this a common experience? 

I'm only in a test environment at the moment but if this is the sort of response I can expect it won't be a viable option.

Is there anything I could do to speed it up?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • March 23, 2006
Hi all, I am new to salesforce.com. However I already need to make some modification, and I am not sure where to begin. If anyone can give me a hand, that would be great. What I need to do is to able to modify schedule dates on revenue schedule for each of the products on the opportunity programmically. If you have an idea/solution, please let me know. Thanks.

• March 22, 2006

Hi all, Has anyone tried using DBAmp with SQL Server 2005 Integration Services? It seems to be fine as a source but I can't get it to work as an OLE DB destination. I can call up the list of tables and select one but when I try to access the "Mappings" dialog I get this error:

Error at Package [Connection manager SALESFORCE.user.name@org.com]:

An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E22. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040E22 Description: "Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation.".

Error at data flow [OLE DB Destination [490]]: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SALESFORCE.user.name@org.com" failed with error code 0xC0202009.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020801C (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

I think I'll look to get round this by encapsulating the updates/creates in stored procedures but I wondered if anyone else had come across the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

• January 31, 2006
Hi all,

I have a query -

SELECT Description,
Id, OpportunityLineItemId,
Quantity, Revenue,
ScheduleDate,
SystemModstamp, Type
FROM salesforce...OpportunityLineItemSchedule
WHERE ScheduleDate < 2006-01-25
AND (Description = null OR Description = '')

This returns an error

Server: Msg 7342, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Unexpected NULL value returned for column '[salesforce]...[OpportunityLineItemSchedule].Description' from the OLE DB provider 'DBAmp.DBAmp.1'. This column cannot be NULL.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: Unexpected NULL value returned for the column: ProviderName='DBAmp.DBAmp.1', TableName='[salesforce]...[OpportunityLineItemSchedule]', ColumnName='Description'].

If I remove Description from the SELECT list the query works correctly.

Does anyone have a suggestion to work around this so that I can include Description or is this just a feature of DBAmp?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • January 26, 2006