• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
All,

I have several tables to update (including some Custom Objects) from SQL. An xml document is used to specify the tables and fields to be updated (to avoid having to recompile every time someone asks for an additional field). The data is extracted from SQL into a DataTable in my vb code, so the values are also known.

Is it possible to specify the fields and values to populate an sObject with dynamically? Is there another method i'm missing for creating/updating records in SFDC that allows the use of field/value pairs?

Steven : )
  • March 23, 2006
This code has been working for some time.

Dim mySFDataAdapter As New SforceDataAdapter(getSFUser, SFConnectString)
Dim mySFDataSet As New DataSet
Dim myRecordCount As Integer = mySFDataAdapter.Fill(mySFDataSet)

Today the Fill method is throwing this exception and failing...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in system.data.dll

Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS.

I have verified with our network team port 443 is not blocked. What is causing this exception?

Steven
  • January 30, 2006
All,

I have several tables to update (including some Custom Objects) from SQL. An xml document is used to specify the tables and fields to be updated (to avoid having to recompile every time someone asks for an additional field). The data is extracted from SQL into a DataTable in my vb code, so the values are also known.

Is it possible to specify the fields and values to populate an sObject with dynamically? Is there another method i'm missing for creating/updating records in SFDC that allows the use of field/value pairs?

Steven : )
  • March 23, 2006
This code has been working for some time.

Dim mySFDataAdapter As New SforceDataAdapter(getSFUser, SFConnectString)
Dim mySFDataSet As New DataSet
Dim myRecordCount As Integer = mySFDataAdapter.Fill(mySFDataSet)

Today the Fill method is throwing this exception and failing...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in system.data.dll

Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS.

I have verified with our network team port 443 is not blocked. What is causing this exception?

Steven
  • January 30, 2006