• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know I can't access the recycle bin via the API. However, is there a property on a lead that can be checked  via the API to see if a lead is in the recycle bin? When I query for leads, the leads that are in the recycle bin are returned.

Thanks,
Chad
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 to attempt to create a web service that wraps the API so different applications (internal) can utilize Salesforce.com data. When I execute a web service that returns an array of Contact objects (using the enterprise wsdl), the CreatedDate dissapears from the results. However, right before I end the web service, I can see the created date while debugging. Here is a sample:

Code:
[WebMethod]
public SalesforceApi.AppExchangeService.Contact[] GetContacts(string fieldList, string criteria, string username, string passcode)
{
    SalesforceApi.BindingApi binding = new SalesforceApi.BindingApi(username, pwd);
    SalesforceApi.ContactApi contactApi = new SalesforceApi.ContactApi(binding);
    SalesforceApi.AppExchangeService.Contact[] contactList = contactApi.Query(fieldList, criteria);
    return contactList;
}
The result comes out without several fields. In particular, here is the results around CreatedDate:

Code:
<AssistantPhone xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />
<CreatedById xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />
<CurrencyIsoCode xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />

Is there a special setting I need to have in place in order to retain the createdDate? I did notice that
CreatedDateFieldSpecified and CreatedDateSpecified are both false, but I wasn't sure that related
to a plan SOQL statement.

Thanks in advance.
  • April 23, 2006
I know I can't access the recycle bin via the API. However, is there a property on a lead that can be checked  via the API to see if a lead is in the recycle bin? When I query for leads, the leads that are in the recycle bin are returned.

Thanks,
Chad
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 to attempt to create a web service that wraps the API so different applications (internal) can utilize Salesforce.com data. When I execute a web service that returns an array of Contact objects (using the enterprise wsdl), the CreatedDate dissapears from the results. However, right before I end the web service, I can see the created date while debugging. Here is a sample:

Code:
[WebMethod]
public SalesforceApi.AppExchangeService.Contact[] GetContacts(string fieldList, string criteria, string username, string passcode)
{
    SalesforceApi.BindingApi binding = new SalesforceApi.BindingApi(username, pwd);
    SalesforceApi.ContactApi contactApi = new SalesforceApi.ContactApi(binding);
    SalesforceApi.AppExchangeService.Contact[] contactList = contactApi.Query(fieldList, criteria);
    return contactList;
}
The result comes out without several fields. In particular, here is the results around CreatedDate:

Code:
<AssistantPhone xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />
<CreatedById xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />
<CurrencyIsoCode xsi:nil="true" xmlns="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" />

Is there a special setting I need to have in place in order to retain the createdDate? I did notice that
CreatedDateFieldSpecified and CreatedDateSpecified are both false, but I wasn't sure that related
to a plan SOQL statement.

Thanks in advance.
  • April 23, 2006