• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an s-control that run on a custom object.  It does several things.  The first part pulls information from an account that it is related to and updates fields in the object with info from the account.  This part works fine for everyone.  The second part creates cases based on boxes that are checked off by the user.  The third part is a set of tasks on each case.

When run as an admin, the cases create just fine.  When run under someone else, the cases don't create.  I've put in alerts through each step of the case creation, and it runs through them just fine.  I even have an alert to show the details of the case after it should be created and everything in the case looks fine.  It doesn't throw up any errors that i can find in firefox's error console and nothing in firebug either.

It seems like its a permissions issue, but it has me stumped.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I have a custom object with an s-control that creates several cases related to this object and then multiple tasks under each case. This s-control also updates the custom object with some information from an account which its related to.  The s-control itself works great when i run it (administrator).  However, i have another user that when they try to run it, the s-control updates the custom object but does not create any cases or tasks.  It also does not give any errors and I can't seem to figure out where its stopping. 

If i change this users Profile to administrator, it runs fine. I've been over and over the users profile to try and find what is preventing the cases from being create, but everything i'm looking at seems like it should be correct.

Under the "Administrative Permissions" both "View all data" and "Modify all data" are checked.

Under the "General Use Permissions," "Manage cases" is checked. 

Other options are checked but these seems to be the most important.

Under the Object permissions, every Read, Create, Edit, and Delete field is checked.

I know this has to be some simple permissions thing i'm missing, but i don't know what it is.  Any ideas?
I have an scontrol that is building a few cases that relate to a custom object and it fills out all the information.  I now want to associate one of the cases with an account.  I have the account ID already, when i try to assign it to the "Account" field or the "AccountID" field of the case it errors out and tells me they don't exist.

Here is what my line looks like:

consultingCase.set("Account", accountReferenceID);

or

consultingCase.set("AccountID", accountReferenceID);

If i leave this line out, the case will create just fine.  What am i doing wrong?
I have a custom object (Implementation) which contains a lookup field to Account.  In my sControl, i need to get the ID of that account but when i try in returns the name instead.  It seems like this should be easy to figure out, but i'm stumped.  Here is what i am currently using:

var accountReferenceID = "{!SFDC_Implementation__c.Account__c}";

Any ideas?
I have a custom sControl that creates several cases with several task referenced to those cases.  It works great now, but i want to assign a couple of those tasks automatically to another user instead of the user that clicks the custom link.  I am trying to just set the "WhoId" field to that other users 18 char id like this:

Code:
userTestTask.set("WhoId", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");

But it is not working.  What am i doing wrong?
  • September 21, 2006
Hi,

Our cases (and a custom object) have a ton of activity history between assigned tasks and attached emails.  I am wondering if there is a way to highlight tasks so that they stood apart from email?  If not highlighting, then another way to make tasks stand out.  I don't really way to re-sort because i was to keep them in the correct chronological order.

(I know SF really sees normal tasks and attached email both as task, but its easier in my situation to think of them as two different things)

Any thoughts or ideas?  What are you doing with objects that have a ton of activity history?

Thank you,
Jon
  • September 20, 2006
Hi,

Since this is my first post, I should say that I am not new to developing/coding or SalesForce administration but I am when combining the two.  I need some direction.

I currently have the project management app loaded into my developer site and I am working on modifying it to work for us, however I need a little help with some automation.  I want some cases to be created when a project is created (auto create objects when a different object type is created by a user). I plan to do much more modifying of the project app, but I want to start simple.  What would be the first steps?  Does anyone have any automating code that I can look at and possibly use and tweak to make it do what I want? 

Thank you,
Jon

I have an s-control that run on a custom object.  It does several things.  The first part pulls information from an account that it is related to and updates fields in the object with info from the account.  This part works fine for everyone.  The second part creates cases based on boxes that are checked off by the user.  The third part is a set of tasks on each case.

When run as an admin, the cases create just fine.  When run under someone else, the cases don't create.  I've put in alerts through each step of the case creation, and it runs through them just fine.  I even have an alert to show the details of the case after it should be created and everything in the case looks fine.  It doesn't throw up any errors that i can find in firefox's error console and nothing in firebug either.

It seems like its a permissions issue, but it has me stumped.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I have an scontrol that is building a few cases that relate to a custom object and it fills out all the information.  I now want to associate one of the cases with an account.  I have the account ID already, when i try to assign it to the "Account" field or the "AccountID" field of the case it errors out and tells me they don't exist.

Here is what my line looks like:

consultingCase.set("Account", accountReferenceID);

or

consultingCase.set("AccountID", accountReferenceID);

If i leave this line out, the case will create just fine.  What am i doing wrong?
I have a custom object (Implementation) which contains a lookup field to Account.  In my sControl, i need to get the ID of that account but when i try in returns the name instead.  It seems like this should be easy to figure out, but i'm stumped.  Here is what i am currently using:

var accountReferenceID = "{!SFDC_Implementation__c.Account__c}";

Any ideas?
I have a custom sControl that creates several cases with several task referenced to those cases.  It works great now, but i want to assign a couple of those tasks automatically to another user instead of the user that clicks the custom link.  I am trying to just set the "WhoId" field to that other users 18 char id like this:

Code:
userTestTask.set("WhoId", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");

But it is not working.  What am i doing wrong?
  • September 21, 2006