• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are looking for an experienced developer who is familiar with the Sales Force Email to Case functionality to customize the functionality for us.  Specifically, we want the original email address of the case submitter to be dropped into the Sales Force case.  We need to be able to access the email address of the person who originally sent in the case, but this is currently not happening and we were told by SF support that this does not happen via Email to Case.

If you are interested, drop me a private message. 

All inquiries are confidential.

Thanks,
Gort
  • April 26, 2006
We have just set up the Email to Case functionality and things are working, however, the email address of the original email is not getting populated in the case.  Should it be?

For example, if user@mail.com sends an email to our Inbox and that email is dropped into SalesForce as a new case, the email address of the user (user@mail.com) is not getting dropped into the case.  I would assume this is supposed to be dropped into the case.  Is there something we need to set up to make this work?

Thanks.
  • April 19, 2006
Does anyone know if the Email to Case functionality will work with POP?  Our mail server does not support IMAP. 
If so, what is involved in making this work?

Thanks.
  • April 14, 2006
We would like to build a .NET application very similar to the Email to Case application.  The reason we can not use the Email to Case application is b/c our mail host does not support IMAP and we have no java skills in our company. 
My questions are:
1) Has anyone done this?  Is it possible?
  1a)  If so, do you have any code to share?  We would consider paying for good example code.
2) We are currently a Sales Force Professional Edition customer.  We were told that in order to have access to the Sales Force APIs, we needed to upgrade our license.  Do we need the APIs in order to do this?

We are a new customer and are just getting rolling on all this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • April 12, 2006
We are looking for an experienced developer who is familiar with the Sales Force Email to Case functionality to customize the functionality for us.  Specifically, we want the original email address of the case submitter to be dropped into the Sales Force case.  We need to be able to access the email address of the person who originally sent in the case, but this is currently not happening and we were told by SF support that this does not happen via Email to Case.

If you are interested, drop me a private message. 

All inquiries are confidential.

Thanks,
Gort
  • April 26, 2006
We would like to build a .NET application very similar to the Email to Case application.  The reason we can not use the Email to Case application is b/c our mail host does not support IMAP and we have no java skills in our company. 
My questions are:
1) Has anyone done this?  Is it possible?
  1a)  If so, do you have any code to share?  We would consider paying for good example code.
2) We are currently a Sales Force Professional Edition customer.  We were told that in order to have access to the Sales Force APIs, we needed to upgrade our license.  Do we need the APIs in order to do this?

We are a new customer and are just getting rolling on all this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • April 12, 2006
Recently, I setup email-to-case and I think it is just about configured correctly except for one issue I am having.

When the agent polls the IMAP server to retrieve email messages it appears that they are not being marked as "read". Because of this every time the agent polls the server (every 10 minutes) the same emails keep getting pulled and sent to SF creating duplicate case of the same emails.

Question: how does the agent mark the messages so this does not occur? I thought it had to do with the testProcessing folder but I am not exactly sure how this part is suppose to function.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Paul