• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone

I am a relitive newbie to salesforce formula but created a simple formula which I can use to send out a tailored 'lead notification' email to an owner when the lead has been reassigned to someone new:

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

HOWEVER, I want to develop this to only action when another criteria is met.. I have know Iidea how to write it!!

Requirement.. I have a custom field that denotes which office the lead belongs to:  field name = Sales Office / Distributer 

All I would like to do is modify the formula so that is only happens if

ISCHANGED(OwnerId) AND the Sales Office / Distributer is equal to 'Office 1' AND/OR 'Office2' AND/OR 'Office3'  etc etc...

Can some one help me please ! :)

Many Thanks

Also PS does anyone know of a good teaching resource that tells you how to write SF formulas?

Thanks

Steve

Hi

We have a custom field in Sales Force which is called  'Region'.

I have a simple web-to-lead form on our website that uses ringlead to pass the lead to Sales Force.

The Custom ID and Name that Sales Force gave us for inclusion on this form (to be attached to the 'region' field) is:

0N30000000mnNj

WHICH IS NOT WEB COMPLIENT - name an id should not begin with a digit, should begin only with a letter. please see W3 's website:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-id

This is a serious problem as I am unable to write ANY JavaScript validation for this field and subsequently data is lost and leads are not being distributed correctly which is harming our business. Why could sales force not spot this and is there a way to customise this custom field name and id so that at least it starts with a letter???

Has anyone come against this issue and found a work-around in JavaScript validation???

Thanks

Steve Jones

Hi Everyone

I am a relitive newbie to salesforce formula but created a simple formula which I can use to send out a tailored 'lead notification' email to an owner when the lead has been reassigned to someone new:

ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

HOWEVER, I want to develop this to only action when another criteria is met.. I have know Iidea how to write it!!

Requirement.. I have a custom field that denotes which office the lead belongs to:  field name = Sales Office / Distributer 

All I would like to do is modify the formula so that is only happens if

ISCHANGED(OwnerId) AND the Sales Office / Distributer is equal to 'Office 1' AND/OR 'Office2' AND/OR 'Office3'  etc etc...

Can some one help me please ! :)

Many Thanks

Also PS does anyone know of a good teaching resource that tells you how to write SF formulas?

Thanks

Steve