• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I ran into a problem rendering VF pages when a user profile is assigned a login IP range.  A VF page embedded in a custom object doesn't render and in its place, a login screen shows up.  If you log in, the VF page renders as its own screen.  When the IP restriction is removed, or another profile is assigned, the page works fine.  This is in a sandbox, I haven't tried it in production.

It seems that this would be a pretty big issue but I haven't found any posts here about this.  Is there any explanation and fix for this?

Am I correct in assuming that AppExchange apps using s-controls will be able to be installed in the foreseeable future?

I suppose it will be difficult to develop new ones to be distributed though.

I have a situation where I'm using a time-based workflow to update the owner field in a record.  After the owner field is updated an update trigger fires and that's working ok.

The problem is, I want a new time-based workflow to fire off from the field changes in the record that the trigger makes and that doesn't happen.

When I edit the owner manually, instead of having the original workflow doing the owner update, the trigger does fire the new time-based workflow.  It just doesn't occur when a previous workflow does the update.

I've tried both before and after update events and they have the same behavior.

Looking at the order of execution, it appears workflow rules should be evaluated after the trigger fires.  Is there a reason workflows don't fire when another time-based workflow action caused the trigger to fire?

I am trying to create a group of accounts and one contact per account, bulk-enabled.  The most straightforward way is to add all the accounts and then all the contacts.

If I put the new accounts and contacts into lists in the same order, will the IDs I get back from inserting the accounts be in the same order as they were in the list so I can use their IDs in the contact inserts?

Thanks.
Here's the output I'm getting from an ant deploy statement...

C:\1Salesforce Clients\Apex\eProsper>ant deploy
Buildfile: build.xml
deploy:
[sf:compileAndTest] compileAndTest on https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u
/11.0, compiling 1 classes and 1 triggers, deleting 0 classes and 0 triggers
BUILD FAILED
C:\1Salesforce Clients\Apex\Client\build.xml:9: Failed:
Code coverage error on SetAStage: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%
, at least 1% test coverage is required
Code coverage error: Test coverage of selected Apex Class and Trigger is 36%, at
 least 75% test coverage is required

The issue is that "SetAStage" is the name of a previous trigger I deployed and removed from the classes and triggers directories.  I have the correct trigger name in the build.xml and compileAndTest.apex files.

All I have in the directory I'm building from is build.xml and build.properties.  Under that are the classes (with only compileAndTest.apex in it) and triggers (with NewTriggerName.tgr) directories.

I've seen this happen when I left a previously deployed trigger in the triggers directory, even though I renamed its extension, so I don't leave previously deployed ones in there anymore.   I move them to a  totally different directory outside of the current build directory.  I even moved the build directory somewhere else, but it still found the name of the old trigger.  I looked for the old trigger name in each file and did a Windows search for that string and found nothing.

When I have errors in the trigger or test routine it does give me only the name of the current trigger I'm working on.

I've even rebooted in case it was stuck in memory or something but that didn't fix it.  Anyone have any ideas?
I had a client complain that a program I wrote for them suddenly stopped working and gave the error in the subject.  I checked to make sure the lead custom fields it complained about were still there, and they were.  So I looked at the Enterprise wsdl and the field definitions weren't being generated.

As soon as I put the fields on the lead's default page layout they showed up in the wsdl and the old program ran ok without recompiling.  The fields hadn't been on the form previously when it ran ok up until today.

What's going on?
I'm having a problem trying to null some numeric fields in a very simple piece of code using the Partner WSDL.

The update call gets made, takes a little time that's observable in debug mode, and throws an error that gets handled by the Catch statement.  The error message is blank, so no help there.  I can't look at the sr.success value, sr is undefined.

I read through the forum and saw some references to setting the "updated" property of the field as true (or maybe even false) but I don't know how to do that and other references I found didn't show that property needing to be set.  The Enterprise WSDL shows all the fields I'm working with as nillable.

fieldnames is an array of internal field names, all fields contain currency data, only one field name is in there currently
acctid is the account id

Try
            Dim ClearCharge As sforce.sObject = New sforce.sObject
            ClearCharge.Id = acctid
            ClearCharge.fieldsToNull = fieldnames
            Dim sr As sforce.SaveResult = binding.update(New sforce.sObject() {ClearCharge}) (0)

If Not sr.success Then
                TextBox2.Text = "Account: " & acctid & "   Message: " & sr.errors(0).message
            End If

Catch E As Exception   'when the field isn't there
            TextBox2.Text += vbCrLf & "Error on call - " & E.Message
        End Try

Any ideas?  I'm really stumped here!

Message Edited by Puzzled on 08-05-2006 06:20 PM

I have a trigger, that calls an Apex code on a custom object.  This code checks the value of a status field on the object, and then updates another object based on the result.  When I edit the object using the normal Edit mode, the code executes perfectly.  However, when I edit this status field using inline editing, the code does not execute.  Is this a known limitation, or is there something I need to put in my trigger or code to deal with this?
Hi,

I need to control tht users don´t change de Email Name of "My Email Settings". Can i create a  trigger to do this? the Email Name of this page is the same of the User Object?

Thanks
  • February 12, 2008
Here's the output I'm getting from an ant deploy statement...

C:\1Salesforce Clients\Apex\eProsper>ant deploy
Buildfile: build.xml
deploy:
[sf:compileAndTest] compileAndTest on https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u
/11.0, compiling 1 classes and 1 triggers, deleting 0 classes and 0 triggers
BUILD FAILED
C:\1Salesforce Clients\Apex\Client\build.xml:9: Failed:
Code coverage error on SetAStage: Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%
, at least 1% test coverage is required
Code coverage error: Test coverage of selected Apex Class and Trigger is 36%, at
 least 75% test coverage is required

The issue is that "SetAStage" is the name of a previous trigger I deployed and removed from the classes and triggers directories.  I have the correct trigger name in the build.xml and compileAndTest.apex files.

All I have in the directory I'm building from is build.xml and build.properties.  Under that are the classes (with only compileAndTest.apex in it) and triggers (with NewTriggerName.tgr) directories.

I've seen this happen when I left a previously deployed trigger in the triggers directory, even though I renamed its extension, so I don't leave previously deployed ones in there anymore.   I move them to a  totally different directory outside of the current build directory.  I even moved the build directory somewhere else, but it still found the name of the old trigger.  I looked for the old trigger name in each file and did a Windows search for that string and found nothing.

When I have errors in the trigger or test routine it does give me only the name of the current trigger I'm working on.

I've even rebooted in case it was stuck in memory or something but that didn't fix it.  Anyone have any ideas?
I'm working on my first apex task but I'm getting this error using eclipse, any ideas?

INVALID_FIELD -
IdentifierName, IdentifierType, LineNumber, OptionsFinalVariable, OptionsPrivateIdentifier
                                            ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:224
No such column 'OptionsFinalVariable' on entity 'ApexPackageIdentifier'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
  com.appexchange.plugin.editors.apexEditor.ApexContentOutlinePage$ContentProvider.parse (ApexContentOutlinePage.java 126)
  com.appexchange.plugin.editors.apexEditor.ApexContentOutlinePage$ContentProvider.inputChanged (ApexContentOutlinePage.java 155)
  org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput (ContentViewer.java 246)
  org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput (StructuredViewer.java 1542)
  com.appexchange.plugin.editors.apexEditor.ApexContentOutlinePage.update (ApexContentOutlinePage.java 310)
  com.appexchange.plugin.editors.apexEditor.ApexEditor.doSave (ApexEditor.java 325)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$1.run (SaveableHelper.java 130)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$4.run (SaveableHelper.java 257)
  org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread (ModalContext.java 369)
  org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run (ModalContext.java 313)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow$1.run (ApplicationWindow.java 763)
  org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile (BusyIndicator.java 67)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run (ApplicationWindow.java 760)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run (WorkbenchWindow.java 2283)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation (SaveableHelper.java 263)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation (SaveableHelper.java 243)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.savePart (SaveableHelper.java 135)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.savePart (EditorManager.java 1414)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.savePart (WorkbenchPage.java 2995)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.saveEditor (WorkbenchPage.java 3008)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveAction.run (SaveAction.java 67)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent (Action.java 499)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection (ActionContributionItem.java 539)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2 (ActionContributionItem.java 488)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent (ActionContributionItem.java 441)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 928)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3348)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 2968)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop (Workbench.java 1930)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI (Workbench.java 1894)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench (Workbench.java 422)
  org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench (PlatformUI.java 149)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run (IDEApplication.java 95)
  org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run (PlatformActivator.java 78)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication (EclipseAppLauncher.java 92)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start (EclipseAppLauncher.java 68)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 400)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 177)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (null -2)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (null -1)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework (Main.java 336)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun (Main.java 280)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run (Main.java 977)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main (Main.java 952)

I had a client complain that a program I wrote for them suddenly stopped working and gave the error in the subject.  I checked to make sure the lead custom fields it complained about were still there, and they were.  So I looked at the Enterprise wsdl and the field definitions weren't being generated.

As soon as I put the fields on the lead's default page layout they showed up in the wsdl and the old program ran ok without recompiling.  The fields hadn't been on the form previously when it ran ok up until today.

What's going on?
I'm having a problem trying to null some numeric fields in a very simple piece of code using the Partner WSDL.

The update call gets made, takes a little time that's observable in debug mode, and throws an error that gets handled by the Catch statement.  The error message is blank, so no help there.  I can't look at the sr.success value, sr is undefined.

I read through the forum and saw some references to setting the "updated" property of the field as true (or maybe even false) but I don't know how to do that and other references I found didn't show that property needing to be set.  The Enterprise WSDL shows all the fields I'm working with as nillable.

fieldnames is an array of internal field names, all fields contain currency data, only one field name is in there currently
acctid is the account id

Try
            Dim ClearCharge As sforce.sObject = New sforce.sObject
            ClearCharge.Id = acctid
            ClearCharge.fieldsToNull = fieldnames
            Dim sr As sforce.SaveResult = binding.update(New sforce.sObject() {ClearCharge}) (0)

If Not sr.success Then
                TextBox2.Text = "Account: " & acctid & "   Message: " & sr.errors(0).message
            End If

Catch E As Exception   'when the field isn't there
            TextBox2.Text += vbCrLf & "Error on call - " & E.Message
        End Try

Any ideas?  I'm really stumped here!

Message Edited by Puzzled on 08-05-2006 06:20 PM

Has anyone had any success with CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). If would be extremely beneficial to users to have call center features such as bringing up a contact from a phone call. However, reading the Skype App reviews it seems that it is only for opportunities and got a fully developed solution. Another option I found is this:

However, the .de url and the fact that I could not find a mention of mirage of the salesforce appexchange very sceptical.

Please let me know of my option regarding CTI.