• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello

We need to send Lead assignment alert emails to individuals other than the lead, lead owner or any other system users. To accomplish this, I've created a small Windows service that periodically polls SalesForce to find new leads and then sends out the additional emails - not a perfect solution, but it works. This leads me to two questions. Is there another way to send these emails? And if not, can I access Email templates as documents through the API so that administrators can still use the SalesForce interface to create and maintain the templates and my code can populate the fields when the emails are sent?

Thanks In Advance,
Steve
  • August 11, 2006
Hello

We need to send Lead assignment alert emails to individuals other than the lead, lead owner or any other system users. To accomplish this, I've created a small Windows service that periodically polls SalesForce to find new leads and then sends out the additional emails - not a perfect solution, but it works. This leads me to two questions. Is there another way to send these emails? And if not, can I access Email templates as documents through the API so that administrators can still use the SalesForce interface to create and maintain the templates and my code can populate the fields when the emails are sent?

Thanks In Advance,
Steve
  • August 11, 2006

Hi,

It seems that it's not possible to associate a Task to a Lead through the WhoId field if the Task is also associated to an Account or Opportunity through the WhatId.  It is however possible to associate a Task to a Contact and an Account or Opportunity.

Is this restriction in the meta data?  If not, will it be in the meta data in the upcoming versions?

Thanks,

Shun

• April 26, 2004