• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

Is there any way to open an Excel spreadsheet within a new tab of Salesforce?

Thought about doing something like this:

<html>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="0;FILE=New.xls">
<Center>
<P>Loading sheet</P>
</Center>

but didnt work.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

thanks
  • November 15, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off automatic email notifications from the self service portal?
Every time someone adds an attachment and / or comment to the case then an email is sent to the owner.

I have looked at the help and cant seem to find it.

In App Setup | Self Service | Self service portal | Settings

the notification on is not marked..

many thanks for looking

Message Edited by rdearn on 10-31-200602:47 PM

• October 31, 2006
Dear all,

Would someone be able to tell me if it is possible to programatically drag down data from Salesforce to Excel at set times throughout the day?

My idea was to run some VBA code at set intervals which would then bring back the reports that I wanted.

I have both the Salesforce Connector and the Office Edition

Any help would be greatley appreciated

thanks

Richard
  • September 08, 2006
Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this post.

If anyone could tell me on how to go about doing the following I will be extremely gratefull!

I posted a previous post realting to an issue like this with using the self service portal but i dont think it is possible now so am lookign at a new way about it.

We us Salesforce.com professional edition for various uses, one of those is for the logging of problems that have been enountered by our clients.

Daily we email these sheets out as Excel spreadsheets simply downloaded from a report in Salesforce.

What we are looking to do is to have a website that will allow the client to see the issue that they have raised with us. Within this area they should have the possibility to view cases open for and only for their company.

I would also want a way that the client is able to pass certain criteria as a filter and the page will reflect that. Ie they could select from a drop down list which priority they want and then the issues are shown based on this information.

Has anyone done this and if so how did you go about doing this? Also does a different version, ie Enterprose offer this functionality?

Many thanks again for looking and for any ideas that you might have

Richard
  • August 23, 2006
I am currently trying to intergrate the self service portal to be used by our clients so that they can view any of their cases which are currently open with us. This all works fine but I wanted to know if it was possible to base the results on filters. Ie you could show only those with high priority etc dependant on what the user wanted.

does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks
  • August 22, 2006
Has anyone built anything to allow for attachments for the self-service portal?

Thanks,
RIch
  • September 28, 2006
Dear all,

Would someone be able to tell me if it is possible to programatically drag down data from Salesforce to Excel at set times throughout the day?

My idea was to run some VBA code at set intervals which would then bring back the reports that I wanted.

I have both the Salesforce Connector and the Office Edition

Any help would be greatley appreciated

thanks

Richard
  • September 08, 2006
Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this post.

If anyone could tell me on how to go about doing the following I will be extremely gratefull!

I posted a previous post realting to an issue like this with using the self service portal but i dont think it is possible now so am lookign at a new way about it.

We us Salesforce.com professional edition for various uses, one of those is for the logging of problems that have been enountered by our clients.

Daily we email these sheets out as Excel spreadsheets simply downloaded from a report in Salesforce.

What we are looking to do is to have a website that will allow the client to see the issue that they have raised with us. Within this area they should have the possibility to view cases open for and only for their company.

I would also want a way that the client is able to pass certain criteria as a filter and the page will reflect that. Ie they could select from a drop down list which priority they want and then the issues are shown based on this information.

Has anyone done this and if so how did you go about doing this? Also does a different version, ie Enterprose offer this functionality?

Many thanks again for looking and for any ideas that you might have

Richard
  • August 23, 2006
I am currently trying to intergrate the self service portal to be used by our clients so that they can view any of their cases which are currently open with us. This all works fine but I wanted to know if it was possible to base the results on filters. Ie you could show only those with high priority etc dependant on what the user wanted.

does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks
  • August 22, 2006