• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a very simply VF page for a site only using a standard controller

When I use <apex:detail>, the site renders as expected and the Created By and Last Modified By fields are visible to the site user.

If, however, I choose to be more creative with my page and add those fields as <apex:outputfield>, I get a site authorisation error.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

<apex:page standardController="Technical_Engagement_Comments__c" sidebar="false">

<apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockSection >
            <apex:outputField value="{!Technical_Engagement_Comments__c.name}"/>
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem />
            <apex:outputfield value="{!Technical_Engagement_Comments__c.TE_Sub_Task__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Technical_Engagement_Comments__c.Comments__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{!Technical_Engagement_Comments__c.CreatedBy}" />

</apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>

<!--apex:detail /-->

</apex:page>

• February 03, 2012

is it possible to stop an event from auto closing?

• December 19, 2011

We have created a Site that will be accessed via our intranet. The guest user profile has access to the required objects and fields and we have configured Login IP address ranges so that only authenticated users on our network can access the site.

Everything works as expected in our sandbox (on net users can access the site, off net users can't) but no dice in production. When we remove the IP address restriction, all works ok.

This is driving us nuts.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• November 01, 2011

Hi

I'm trying to use the new Winter 10 Change Set deployment functionality.

Due to some errors that I'm getting related to a few components I'm trying to deploy from my Dev sandbox to my test sandbox, I need to remove them from the Change Set.

However, once a Change Set has been uploaded it can no longer be edited.

"Once a change set has been uploaded, you cannot modify its component list. However, you can clone the change set and then modify the component list in the new change set."

Great....

Problem is that I cannot find the "Clone" button or any documentation that actually explains how to Clone a change set.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

• November 11, 2009

I'm a VF newbie trying to create a very simple VF  page and am having trouble trying to display the Campaign Members related list on my page, constantly encountering the following error:

'CampaignMembers' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Campaign

My code so far:

<apex:page standardcontroller="Campaign">

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock title="Mass SMS Notification" >

<apex:pageBlockSection title="SMS Details" columns="1">
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.Name}"/>
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.StartDate}"/>
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.EndDate}"/>
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.Type}"/>
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.IsActive}"/>
                                <apex:outputField value="{!Campaign.Status}"/>
                                <apex:outputfield value="{!Campaign.SMS_Message_Text__c}"/>
                        </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:form>

<apex:relatedlist list="CampaignMembers"/>

I have tried numerous variations of Campaign Member with no success.

The related list is on my standard page layout

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

• September 17, 2009
I have created a custom link on my Opportunity page that returns the value from the "Department" field from the User object when it is invoked.

Is it possible that this custom link (or s-control if need be) could be automatically invoked when a user saves the opportunity record?

• December 15, 2006

is it possible to stop an event from auto closing?

• December 19, 2011

We have created a Site that will be accessed via our intranet. The guest user profile has access to the required objects and fields and we have configured Login IP address ranges so that only authenticated users on our network can access the site.

Everything works as expected in our sandbox (on net users can access the site, off net users can't) but no dice in production. When we remove the IP address restriction, all works ok.

This is driving us nuts.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• November 01, 2011

I need to display the Opportunity Products related list on a VF page with a custom controller. I don't know the exact name of the list though, and I can't find a reference for each of the standard object's valid related lists. Here's the code I'm using on the page:

<apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="OpportunityProducts" title="Products"/>

And I get an error saying:

'OpportunityProducts' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Opportunity

I've tried "Products", "OpportunityProducts", and "Opportunity Products". Again, if someone could point me to the list of all available related lists -- or how to find it through debugging -- I would appreciate it.

• February 26, 2009
Hi

I'm trying to mass edit Contacts related to an account but am having problems with saving the changes to the records.

My APEX class:

public class accountContactList {
    public accountContactList(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

public Account getAccount() {
    return [select id, name,
             (select id, name, firstName, lastName, title, phone, mobilePhone, email from Contacts limit 5)
             from Account where id =
             :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id') ];
}

public String getName() {
  return 'Account Contact List';
  }

public PageReference save() {
        return null;
    }
}

My VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="accountContactList" id="thePage"
 <apex:pageBlock title="Mass Edit Contacts">
   <apex:pageMessages /> 
    <apex:pageBlockButtons >
     <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save" id="theButton"/>
    </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contacts}"
                         var="contact">

<apex:column value="{!contact.name}" width="25" />
      <apex:column headerValue="Title" width="100">
      <apex:inputField value="{!contact.title}"/>
     </apex:column>
          <apex:column headerValue="Phone" width="15">
      <apex:inputField value="{!contact.phone}"/>
     <apex:column headerValue="Mobile" width="15">
      <apex:inputField value="{!contact.mobilephone}"/>
     <apex:column headerValue="E-Mail" width="25">
      <apex:inputField value="{!contact.email}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

I am getting the following error message:

Id value 0018000000Mif1y is not valid for the Contact standard controller (the ID being that of the account)

Any guidance would be much apprecaited from this newbie

Thanks in advance
Hi

I'm an advanced administrator but have absolutely no coding skills and am trying to teach myself some basic APEX and VisualForce.
I am having some difficulty understanding standard controller extensions and was hoping that someone can give me a little guidance here. I have scoured the discussion boards but have failed miserably in locating a post that I could understand so apologies in advance if this is a topic that has already been dealt with.

I'm trying to build a VF page that will allow users to mass update the Contacts on an Account e.g. phone numbers, flag as inactive etc.

My code:

public class accountContactList {
    public PageReference save() {
        return null;
    }

public Account getAccount() {
    return [select id, name,
             (select id, name, firstName, lastName, title, phone, mobilePhone, email from Contacts limit 5)
             from Account where id =
             :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id') ];
}

public String getName() {
  return 'Account Contact List';
  }
}

My VF page:
<apex:page controller="accountContactList" tabStyle="Contact">

<apex:pageBlock title="Mass Edit Contacts">

<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save" id="theButton"/>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contacts}"
var="contact">

<apex:column value="{!contact.name}" width="25" />
<apex:column headerValue="Title" width="100">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.title}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Phone" width="15">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.phone}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Mobile" width="15">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.mobilephone}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="E-Mail" width="25">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.email}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

The above allows me to access and edit the Account's related Contact records but I am unable to save any changes I make
I have tried adding:
private final ApexPages.standardController the Controller
and
return theController.save();
to the Apex Class but without much success (as described in on p391 of the force.com Developer Guide that I picked up at Dreamforce '08)
Any help/guidance would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I am using the Google Charts API in a Formula Text field on the Account Page Layout using the IMAGE () function; however, I am getting the "Security Information: This page contains both secure and nonsecure items.  Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" pop up window every time I access the Account Page.

Is there a way around this so that the pop up does not display?

Thanks, Lori

From the sounds of it, this will be a great tool once Summer '08 rolls out. However, I have a couple questions and haven't been able to find any pre-release documentation to clarify them. Hopefully someone else has figured them out or can shed some insight.

1. I noticed that snapshots can only be scheduled at 11 pm. I have to assume that this is just a pre-release limitation? Once the update rolls out will we have access to the full 24-hour spectrum?
  2. Where are the snapshot objects actually stored? I figured it would be on the object tab (the reported object, that is) since it doesn't necessarily apply to specific records - although I have checked the records as well. Didn't see the analytic history as a related list option, didn't see anything in the object setup, I tried creating a report on the custom object that I had a snapshot on and encountered an internal server error (actually, this happened on all objects). I know an object is created for these snapshots but finding them has proven quite a task.
Any help will be much appreciated!