• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am writing a synch process from SFDC to our local DB's. Rather than typing out 200+ column names and also allowing for future column addition Id like to select all columns. Is this possible?
How come when I download the WSDL and try to use it as web reference in 1.1 app it doesnt build?
In 2.0 it works fine. I get errors in 1.1.

Reference.vb(319): Type 'sObject' is not defined.
Hello,
not sure if this is the place to post this but here it goes. I am trying to pull all account data from salesforce into an account table on our end. I am trying to select columns using the sforce ado.net provider. I get errors that certain columns do not exist. Its wierd though I have copied and pasted the query that I am using striaght from the sforce.com explorer desktop tool so the columns are legit. Why is this provider failing on certain columns? There are 131 columns being pulled. About 8 of them are claimed to be invalid.

thanks in advance
I was looking at the provider and it seems really straight forward, but I have a couple of questions.

1.  How do you set the connection,  I know to create a new connection object, but what is the correct syntax for the actualy connection string itself?  I did not see that in any examples.

2.  Do you still have to use the web service with the provider?

3.  Which offers better performance, the web service, the provider, the odbc driver?  The reason I ask is that I am writing an import/export tool to take data from our SF account and import them into another system for joint reports.  This is going to be a batch process that runs nightly and I want the best performance I can get.  The current process we used for the initial import was the web service and that appeared to be low and the odbc driver ( used as link server ) was horribly slow.

Thanks for any help.

Harry
Hello,

I am writing a synch process from SFDC to our local DB's. Rather than typing out 200+ column names and also allowing for future column addition Id like to select all columns. Is this possible?
Hello,
not sure if this is the place to post this but here it goes. I am trying to pull all account data from salesforce into an account table on our end. I am trying to select columns using the sforce ado.net provider. I get errors that certain columns do not exist. Its wierd though I have copied and pasted the query that I am using striaght from the sforce.com explorer desktop tool so the columns are legit. Why is this provider failing on certain columns? There are 131 columns being pulled. About 8 of them are claimed to be invalid.

thanks in advance