• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I hope this is the right forum section for this post...

I am trying to use Eclipse 3.2 for the development of SControls, and when I have the Update Manager fetch the toolkit from the salesforce site, I am getting the following error:

Requested operation cannot be performed because it would invalidate the current configuration. See details for more information.
  WST Common Core Feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.jem (1.1.0.1)", or equivalent.   org.eclipse.wst.server_core.feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.rcp (3.1.1)", or equivalent.   XML Core Feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.rcp (3.1.1)", or equivalent. ....

Should I uninstall Eclipse and get Version 3.1 or is there a newer toolkit coming?

Thx.
  • September 29, 2006
Is it possible to control access to objects and fields using Public Groups instead (or in addition to) of Profiles. This option exists for controlling access to shared document folders, but I have not seen it for field or object level permissions.

Here is the challenge: Profiles are typically assigned depending on user roles. As I understand it, users have one role across the system. Let's take Project Management as an example... you may have multiple projects in your organization, and you have a pool of resources to share for these projects, however, only Project Team Members should have access. Groups would be a good way to handle this because users can be members of multiple groups at the same time.

This is just one example, but I am sure this comes up in many scenarios.

Any suggestions? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help. 
  • September 29, 2006
Hello,

is it possible to filter for session variables, such as the currently logged in user?

I would like to use it in reports and views to create a "My Items" view without "hard coding" the user into the view. The default My Items works on the Owner field, but in some cases this is semantically not the same as "My Items" when you mean "Assigned To".

Any advice is appreciated.

• September 29, 2006
I have 2 custom objects:

1. Projects
2. Time Cards

Time cards has a lookup on Project so that it can be related. I noticed that when you add a new time card the lookup will show an empty projects list (although there are projects already added by a different user, I should mention) until you access the Projects tab for the first time. Thereafter the lookup from with time card records works as expected.

Confirmed bug?

Message Edited by Iko on 09-28-2006 07:20 PM

• September 28, 2006
Hello everyone,

I hope I got the subject title right...very new to salesforce...

I have a custom table (of objects) that includes a lookup field to "Contact". I am using VBA and the office toolkit lib to connect to SF and to query the table. Everything works as expected, and if I inspect the "Contact__c" field retrieved in a record (object) I do get the internal ID. Of course I would like to retrieve the Contact Name ... but hopefully without starting additional queries. In ADO / SQL I would just do a select with an inner join....

What do I have to do in  SOQL to achieve the same?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Iko

Mens sana in "codere" sano
  • September 26, 2006
I hope this is the right forum section for this post...

I am trying to use Eclipse 3.2 for the development of SControls, and when I have the Update Manager fetch the toolkit from the salesforce site, I am getting the following error:

Requested operation cannot be performed because it would invalidate the current configuration. See details for more information.
  WST Common Core Feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.jem (1.1.0.1)", or equivalent.   org.eclipse.wst.server_core.feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.rcp (3.1.1)", or equivalent.   XML Core Feature (1.0.1.v200602151554) requires feature "org.eclipse.rcp (3.1.1)", or equivalent. ....

Should I uninstall Eclipse and get Version 3.1 or is there a newer toolkit coming?

Thx.
  • September 29, 2006
Hello everyone,

I hope I got the subject title right...very new to salesforce...

I have a custom table (of objects) that includes a lookup field to "Contact". I am using VBA and the office toolkit lib to connect to SF and to query the table. Everything works as expected, and if I inspect the "Contact__c" field retrieved in a record (object) I do get the internal ID. Of course I would like to retrieve the Contact Name ... but hopefully without starting additional queries. In ADO / SQL I would just do a select with an inner join....

What do I have to do in  SOQL to achieve the same?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Iko

Mens sana in "codere" sano
  • September 26, 2006
Is it possible to build a view for a custom object where the user is prompted for the search criteria instead of having to explicitely define the search criteria string in view definition?

For example, would like to prompt the user for the product name instead of creating a view for each product.

- Steve W.
  • February 27, 2006