• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

sorry if this question is misplaced here, but I couldn't find any other list to place this question to.

I am not yet very familiar with the philosophy of SalesForce, but as I understand so far: if I use SalesForce, I don't need a traditional in-house infrastructure of servers and software distribution and the like. Right? Ok, but what if I am forced by law to store the data gathered by my company within the physical boundaries of my company and I am not allowed too to store the data encrypted outside of my company?

For instance, I think of clinical data of a hospital information system. Some governments may not allow that data to be stored outside of the physical areas of the hospital, even not if they would be encrypted. Is there any chance to use software on demand like SalesForce in this context? Has SalesForce a feature like: "local data, but remote business logic" or doesn't make this sense at all (i.e., "the database is the system")?

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Regards.
Hi,

sorry if this question is misplaced here, but I couldn't find any other list to place this question to.

I am not yet very familiar with the philosophy of SalesForce, but as I understand so far: if I use SalesForce, I don't need a traditional in-house infrastructure of servers and software distribution and the like. Right? Ok, but what if I am forced by law to store the data gathered by my company within the physical boundaries of my company and I am not allowed too to store the data encrypted outside of my company?

For instance, I think of clinical data of a hospital information system. Some governments may not allow that data to be stored outside of the physical areas of the hospital, even not if they would be encrypted. Is there any chance to use software on demand like SalesForce in this context? Has SalesForce a feature like: "local data, but remote business logic" or doesn't make this sense at all (i.e., "the database is the system")?

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Regards.