• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings all,

I'm trying to create a read-only system generated field ("newfield", string, length 10) which takes the first four characters of Field1, and the last six characters of Field2.

Problem:
Both Field1 and Field2 are picklists.  (So formulas don't work except by iterating through all the possible values within the formula itself (ispickval / case)).

Question:
Can I use Javascript to populate newfield ?  Has anyone done something similar?  I'm very new to s-controls and the like.

Thanks,
Eileen

Greetings all,

I'm fairly new to SFDC customizations, so I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me !

I have two custom objects..  let's call them TableParent and TableChild.

TableParent has the following fields:  Primary1, Field2 and Field3.

TableChild has a a field called MyParent, which is simply a lookup against TableParent (and produces a selection list of the parent table's primary field, Primary1).

TableChild also has fields ParentField2 and ParentField3.  I would like these to auto-populate based on the selection of MyParent.

How to proceed?

Thanks to any and all assistance,
Eileen M,
newb extrodinaire
Greetings all,

I'm fairly new to SFDC customizations, so I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me !

I have two custom objects..  let's call them TableParent and TableChild.

TableParent has the following fields:  Primary1, Field2 and Field3.

TableChild has a a field called MyParent, which is simply a lookup against TableParent (and produces a selection list of the parent table's primary field, Primary1).

TableChild also has fields ParentField2 and ParentField3.  I would like these to auto-populate based on the selection of MyParent.

How to proceed?

Thanks to any and all assistance,
Eileen M,
newb extrodinaire