• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom object called Units that uses a contact field to show who referred the sale.  Everything works great until I try and run a report on Units and Referrers.  The Report wizard shows "Units with Referrers" and when I go through the process it lets me select columns from both Units and Contacts.  However, it never returns a result showing the connection.  Every unit has a referrer but the report always returns zero rows.

When I try and do the same thing for Accounts (just for testing purposes) it works fine.  Is there a trick to be able to run reports on contacts?  Is it because contacts has a master relationship with Accounts?  Anyone run into this before?
I have a custom object called Units that uses a contact field to show who referred the sale.  Everything works great until I try and run a report on Units and Referrers.  The Report wizard shows "Units with Referrers" and when I go through the process it lets me select columns from both Units and Contacts.  However, it never returns a result showing the connection.  Every unit has a referrer but the report always returns zero rows.

When I try and do the same thing for Accounts (just for testing purposes) it works fine.  Is there a trick to be able to run reports on contacts?  Is it because contacts has a master relationship with Accounts?  Anyone run into this before?