• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
         Just got a question about lead and contact.
         So I have got all these qualified leads, when I push them across to salesforce, I can do Option 1: push them across to become leads and immediately after that, convert them to contacts; Option 2: push them across to become contacts directly which bypasses the lead thing.  If I go with option 2, what do I have to lose? What is the difference between these two options?
         Thanks in advance for your insight.

• April 06, 2007
So we can replace and redevice the logic for he standard buttons on the detail pages such as delete,
I tried, but seems to me there is no go for the Save button. Am I right?
Seems that only applies to the standard buttons, which doesn't include "Save".  So what can I do if
I want some extra logic embeded in the "Save" action? Like when the "Save" button on salesforce is pressed, I also want the record to be created or updated on our company's side.

Thanks for your input.
  • April 04, 2007
Hi,
        Is there any tool than would allow me to view the salesforce sobject details and query the tables? I am currently using a Appexchange eclipse plug-in. But for some reasons, it is not pulling up the newest sobjects like emailstatus, emailTemplate....  Is there a way that would allow me to use it to pull up the latest sobjects?
Or do I need to download a new tool somewhere?
       Thanks for your help!

• April 04, 2007
Hi,
    For the Salesforce HTML email, with which you can track the date it was first opened, the number of times it was opened, and the date it was most recently opened, if we want to integrate with it, which Sobject should we look into? Thanks!
  • April 03, 2007
Hi,
         Just wonder if a deletion of object, like leads and contacts, can be intecepted so that custom logics can be added to the deletion.
         BTW, we can assign users to different profiles to limit their permissions, right?
         Thanks for your input.

• April 03, 2007
I am interested in knowing if the custom fields on a Lead record at Salesforce, if
they also exist on the Contact record at Salesforce, will the information be
transferred when the lead is elevated to a Contact?

So, for example, the custom id field on the lead , if we
also had that same field on the Contact, and then we create an Account from
the Lead record at Salesforce, which would create a contact record... Will it pull
across the id custom field?

Thanks for your reply!
  • February 20, 2007
Hi,
        I have a Scontrol that updates a lead's LeadSource picklist value at the click of a button. The function is as follows:
        function changeLeadStatus() {
                var lead = new Sforce.Dynabean("lead");

var list = document.getElementById("select1");

lead.set("id", list.options[list.selectedIndex].value);

lead.set("leadSource", "Lead Assigned");

var saveResult = sforceClient.update([lead]);

for (var i=0;i<saveResult.length;i++) {

if (saveResult[i].success == true) {

alert("Yay!! I updated the lead souce successfully: " + saveResult[i].Id);

} else {

alert("Rats!  There was a problem and I think the problem is: " +                                  saveResult[i].errors[0].message);

}
                  }
      }

The code runs just fine, after execution, I checked the Lead table via the appexchange plugin for eclipse, and could see the LeadSource field is indeed updated. But when I checked the lead information at saleforce.com, the leadSource field value just doesn't reflect the change.
           What is happening? Thanks for your input!
  • December 07, 2006
Hi,
        Just wonder if I can invoke a webservice residing on another syatem by clicking a button in a s-control on salesforce.com? If it is possible, are there any examples?
        Thanks!

Annie
  • November 28, 2006
Hi,
       Anyone who has the experience of using the QueryResult.loadSelectElement function please take a look at my code:

function setup() {

var queryResult = sforceClient.query("Select Id, LastName, FirstName From Lead ");
    //            var t1 = document.getElementById("select1");

queryResult.loadSelectElement("select1", true, "id", "LastName","FirstName LastName ");
            }

<select id ="select1" >            
            </select>

According to http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2006/04/ajax_toolkit_be.html, Want to create a drop down list (select element) from the results of a query?  No problem.  Just run your query and call the QueryResult's loadSelectElement method.  This method takes the id of your select element and populates the options collection from the query result.  You specify which field is used the option value, which field or fields to use for the display values, whether you want the list sorted or not and optionally how you want the display values formated.

But I can't get my code to work, any suggestion? Thanks a lot for your sharing!

Annie
  • November 27, 2006
Is it possible to get a sales rep's calendar and insert and event into the calendar via the api? THANKS!
  • November 20, 2006
Hi,
         Am I right to think that  the status of a lead is an object from the picklist, which is of type LeadStatus?
And is the status picklist customizable? Or can we add to or delete from the picklist?
         Thanks for replying!
  • October 26, 2006
Hi,
        Is there a way to query the rule entries of an active lead assignment rule? Thanks for replying!
  • October 26, 2006
Hi,
       I am trying to get all the fields for the Lead object. And I have these questions.

1)    Is there a lead_id field -- some unique ID field in the Lead object for salesforce.com? 

2)    when I investigated the Lead.java, I found the following field whose definition are provided by the Appexchange API doc:
CurrentGenerators_c
CreatedById
numberofLocations_c
SICCode_c
Primary_c
ProductInterest_c
       Does any of you know the definitions?
       Thanks for your help!
  • October 18, 2006
Hi,
       I am trying to get all the fields for the Lead object. And I have these questions.

1)    Is there a lead_id field -- some unique ID field in the Lead object for salesforce.com? 

2)    when I investigated the Lead.java, I found the following field whose definition are provided by the Appexchange API doc:
CurrentGenerators_c
CreatedById
numberofLocations_c
SICCode_c
Primary_c
ProductInterest_c
       Does any of you know the definitions?
       Thanks for your help!

• October 18, 2006
Hi,
         Just wonder if a deletion of object, like leads and contacts, can be intecepted so that custom logics can be added to the deletion.
         BTW, we can assign users to different profiles to limit their permissions, right?
         Thanks for your input.

• April 03, 2007
I am interested in knowing if the custom fields on a Lead record at Salesforce, if
they also exist on the Contact record at Salesforce, will the information be
transferred when the lead is elevated to a Contact?

So, for example, the custom id field on the lead , if we
also had that same field on the Contact, and then we create an Account from
the Lead record at Salesforce, which would create a contact record... Will it pull
across the id custom field?

Thanks for your reply!
  • February 20, 2007
Hi,
        I have a Scontrol that updates a lead's LeadSource picklist value at the click of a button. The function is as follows:
        function changeLeadStatus() {
                var lead = new Sforce.Dynabean("lead");

var list = document.getElementById("select1");

lead.set("id", list.options[list.selectedIndex].value);

lead.set("leadSource", "Lead Assigned");

var saveResult = sforceClient.update([lead]);

for (var i=0;i<saveResult.length;i++) {

if (saveResult[i].success == true) {

alert("Yay!! I updated the lead souce successfully: " + saveResult[i].Id);

} else {

alert("Rats!  There was a problem and I think the problem is: " +                                  saveResult[i].errors[0].message);

}
                  }
      }

The code runs just fine, after execution, I checked the Lead table via the appexchange plugin for eclipse, and could see the LeadSource field is indeed updated. But when I checked the lead information at saleforce.com, the leadSource field value just doesn't reflect the change.
           What is happening? Thanks for your input!
  • December 07, 2006
Hi,
       Anyone who has the experience of using the QueryResult.loadSelectElement function please take a look at my code:

function setup() {

var queryResult = sforceClient.query("Select Id, LastName, FirstName From Lead ");
    //            var t1 = document.getElementById("select1");

queryResult.loadSelectElement("select1", true, "id", "LastName","FirstName LastName ");
            }

<select id ="select1" >            
            </select>

According to http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2006/04/ajax_toolkit_be.html, Want to create a drop down list (select element) from the results of a query?  No problem.  Just run your query and call the QueryResult's loadSelectElement method.  This method takes the id of your select element and populates the options collection from the query result.  You specify which field is used the option value, which field or fields to use for the display values, whether you want the list sorted or not and optionally how you want the display values formated.

But I can't get my code to work, any suggestion? Thanks a lot for your sharing!

Annie
  • November 27, 2006