• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I'm having some trouble with a date validation rule - what I want to have happen is, if a user selects "Declined" on the Negotiation Status field, I want them to enter the "Declined Date", which is a date field.  Below is my formula and I'm getting an error notice, also below.  It looks like that because the Declined Date is a date field, but the system wants text??  I'd appreciate any suggestions....Thanks.

Error: Incorrect parameter for function =(). Expected Date, received Text

AND(
ISPICKVAL(Negotiation_Status__c , "Declined" ), Declined_Date__c
 = ""
)

Hi there, I don't have a lot of experience is creating validation rules, I have up a few, but have modified the "Useful Validation Rules" and have not been able to figure this out.

What I want to do is based on $User Department, restrict the values on the Account Region__c field.  Region__c is a picklist and I want certain folks to have the ability to select items from the picklist.  So    $User.Network_Services__c  = true  then ISPICKVAL(NS-Affiliate, NS-Central, NS-Eastern, NS-Florida, NS-National, NS-VDC, NS Western))

The pick values listed are the ones I want the Network Services folks to be able to select.  So, am I way off base - can anyone help me?  Does my question even make sense? 

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Julie
  • February 15, 2008
I'm having a problem with my login leaderboard report, I have some users who show up on the report as logging in 7 days a week, every 20 minutes. 

I know a lot of folks downloaded this app from the app exchange....anyone else have this problem and if so, what can I do to this report so it's capturing the correct information??? 

Thanks,

Julie

• November 13, 2007
Hi, I'm having some trouble with a date validation rule - what I want to have happen is, if a user selects "Declined" on the Negotiation Status field, I want them to enter the "Declined Date", which is a date field.  Below is my formula and I'm getting an error notice, also below.  It looks like that because the Declined Date is a date field, but the system wants text??  I'd appreciate any suggestions....Thanks.

Error: Incorrect parameter for function =(). Expected Date, received Text

AND(
ISPICKVAL(Negotiation_Status__c , "Declined" ), Declined_Date__c
 = ""
)

Hi there, I don't have a lot of experience is creating validation rules, I have up a few, but have modified the "Useful Validation Rules" and have not been able to figure this out.

What I want to do is based on $User Department, restrict the values on the Account Region__c field.  Region__c is a picklist and I want certain folks to have the ability to select items from the picklist.  So    $User.Network_Services__c  = true  then ISPICKVAL(NS-Affiliate, NS-Central, NS-Eastern, NS-Florida, NS-National, NS-VDC, NS Western))

The pick values listed are the ones I want the Network Services folks to be able to select.  So, am I way off base - can anyone help me?  Does my question even make sense? 

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Julie
  • February 15, 2008
I'm having a problem with my login leaderboard report, I have some users who show up on the report as logging in 7 days a week, every 20 minutes. 

I know a lot of folks downloaded this app from the app exchange....anyone else have this problem and if so, what can I do to this report so it's capturing the correct information??? 

Thanks,

Julie

• November 13, 2007