• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create a formula field that shows me the role of the user that created that record - has anyone done something similar? I want to track leads created by certain roles, without having to maintain user lists in the criteria of a report.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

-Amelia
I'm tracking collection of installment payments inside a custom object. I want to create a formula field "most recent payment" to calculate collections in a report - what equation can I use so that the result is whichever of payment1, payment2, payment3 that is the most recent date?
I tried to validate this and I got: Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (31,974 characters). Maximum size is 4,000 characters - what is the character count based on? Any ideas on how to run this more efficiently?

CASE(X6_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c + X6_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X5_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X4_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X3_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X2_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X1_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",X1_Payment_Amount__c,null))))))
How can I use a custom formula to get the selected picklist value - i.e. in javascript the sytax would be as follows:

theValue = picklist.options[picklist.selectedIndex].value;

Thanks!
I want to create a formula field that shows me the role of the user that created that record - has anyone done something similar? I want to track leads created by certain roles, without having to maintain user lists in the criteria of a report.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

-Amelia
I'm tracking collection of installment payments inside a custom object. I want to create a formula field "most recent payment" to calculate collections in a report - what equation can I use so that the result is whichever of payment1, payment2, payment3 that is the most recent date?
I tried to validate this and I got: Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (31,974 characters). Maximum size is 4,000 characters - what is the character count based on? Any ideas on how to run this more efficiently?

CASE(X6_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c + X6_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X5_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X4_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X3_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X2_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X1_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",X1_Payment_Amount__c,null))))))
How can I use a custom formula to get the selected picklist value - i.e. in javascript the sytax would be as follows:

theValue = picklist.options[picklist.selectedIndex].value;

Thanks!