• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I'm in the Salesforce Options section in Outlook, it takes almost 1.5 minutes to change from the General Tab to any other tab. Anyone else experience this?  
Let me first explain my goal then perhaps someone can point me in the right direction

M goal is to import a .CSV file of Cases to Salesforce using the Data Loader (or any free tool) and associate them witih the Accounts in Salesforce so that the users sees them from the Account tab.

I'm a little confused about whether or not I should be doing an Upsert and what Salesforce is looking for to match up against.   The .CSV file has the Customer ID specified and I've uploaded the records to Salesforce but I can't seem to get them to come up in the Case related list section on the Account tab.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks!
Our sales team keeps getting the following errors.

Invalid cross reference ID
Insufficient access rights on object ID. 

Can someone give some definition to these errors or point me in the right direction of where I might find help?

Thanks
I'm sure that subject line was confusing. Here's what I'm trying to do.

Field #1 name is 'USER' 
Value of field #1 is '100-Bob Jones'

I want to create a second field that just has the first 3 numbers of "100-Bob Jones'

I tried using a case statement to do this but the limit is 1300 characters.

Is there any way to set a value to the first 3 characters of a field?

ex:  left(3,USER)

First three characters of the user Field.

??

Thanks

Great people and answers in this forum. I hope you can help me.

I want to validate data when a user tried to convert a lead into an opportunity but I still want them to be able to save the lead. In other words, I don't necessarily want to make these fields required.  Does someone have a suggestion on how to do this? 
I have a field in the Opportunity object called Sales Rep ID.  Rather than hand-keying the 100+ Sales Reps we have, I'd like to do a lookup on a list of them.  I've been doing a little reading and it seems that they must be a Custom Object. How do I set this up?  Also, can this list be maintained and imported using Excel?

Thanks!
   How do I go about invoking a web service to an external application (also using web services)?  I'm trying to pass customer prospect information to our ERP upon lead conversion.

Our sales team keeps getting the following errors.

Invalid cross reference ID
Insufficient access rights on object ID. 

Can someone give some definition to these errors or point me in the right direction of where I might find help?

Thanks
I'm sure that subject line was confusing. Here's what I'm trying to do.

Field #1 name is 'USER' 
Value of field #1 is '100-Bob Jones'

I want to create a second field that just has the first 3 numbers of "100-Bob Jones'

I tried using a case statement to do this but the limit is 1300 characters.

Is there any way to set a value to the first 3 characters of a field?

ex:  left(3,USER)

First three characters of the user Field.

??

Thanks
I have a field in the Opportunity object called Sales Rep ID.  Rather than hand-keying the 100+ Sales Reps we have, I'd like to do a lookup on a list of them.  I've been doing a little reading and it seems that they must be a Custom Object. How do I set this up?  Also, can this list be maintained and imported using Excel?

Thanks!