• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am an Admin of a Saleforce organization.

I have login of "Standard User" profile. I want to allow this "Standard User" profile user to create/ edit / delete Visualforce pages. How can make this possible ?

Viraj

• August 25, 2010

Hi,

I created a package and included some  custom labels and translation containing Japanese translations.

When I installed that application in another org with Japanese language setting I cannot see these Japanese translations in that org.

Is this a Salesforce bug or Did I do something wrong ?

Viraj

• June 21, 2010

Hi,

Recently Salesforce gave ability for user create his/her own tab style. In this it allow user to give an user defined icon for the tab.

But Salesforce has not specified the width, height for better results. Can anyone he help me here ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 21, 2010

Hi,

Can the a Salesforce Admin create a namespace any other Salesforce edition than the Developer Edition ?

If so can any one give me list of such editions.

Thanks

Viraj

• June 21, 2010

Hi,

Is there a way to get the namespace prefix of a Salesforce organization using Apex code ?

I have developed an AppExchange application. This application need to know the namespace of the Salesforce organization to create a record.

Thanks

Viraj

• June 17, 2010

Hi,

I have an application in Japanese AppExchange. I want to list the application in the English AppExchange. Fo this I will build the same application in a separate Salesforce account and submit it Salesforce security review. I have following set of questions on this issue.

Will I automatically pass the security review because same application is listed in Japanese AppExchange (passed security review)?

Is there a special process for this kind of listings?

Do I have to pay again for the security review for the English AppExchange ?

Are there any other additional fees involved this process ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 15, 2010

Hi,

I am developing an application that I want to list in both Japanese and English AppExchange. I have following questions regarding this.

1. Can I use one Salesforce account apply for security review ?

2. Can I use one Saleforce account to package and list in both Japanese and English AppExchange ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 14, 2010

Hi,

I am developing an composite application to be listed in the AppExchange. I know that Data API is enabled for Professional and Group editions after the security review

Therefore can I create a Visualforce page using Data API in a Professional / Group  after the security review ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 03, 2010

Hi,

I have an composite application which pass the Salesforce security review. This application was given a client id by Salesforce. This application is currently listed in AppExchange.

Can use this client id for another composite private Salesforce application (I  am not going to list in AppExchange) ?

Also, does Salesforce give separate client Ids for each and every application I submit for security review ?

Thanks

Viraj

• March 11, 2010

Hi,

In the unit test of my AppExchange application has the following code segment to create an account to test the bahaviour of the application.

Account newAccount = new Account();
    newAccount.name = 'OPRO_TEST';
    Database.insert(newAccount);

This unit test worked fine with any Salesforce organization which does not have custom fields which have required attribute set to true in the Account salesforce object. This kinds of unit test fails when there are such custom  fields in the Salesforce organization.

Do you have a solution for this kind of problem ?

Thanks

Viraj

• November 06, 2009

Hi,

I have a custom object myObjectAc which is a parent obejct of Opportunity.

Also there is another custom object myObjectBc which is a child object of  Opportunity.

Can get the data of these custom object fields appear in my word merge document ?

If so can someone tell me how should I define the merge fields to get data from these custom objects ?

Thanks

Viraj

• September 10, 2009

Hi,

I heard that Salesforce charge for security review of force.com native applications.

Is it true ?

If remember correctly, they did not charge force.com native applications before.

When did they started charging for security review of force.com native applications ?

Viraj

• August 24, 2009

Hi,

I heard that Salesforce charge for security review of force.com native applications.

Is it true ?

If remember correctly, they did not charge force.com native applications before.

When did they started charging for security review of force.com native applications ?

Viraj

• August 24, 2009

Hi,

I want to programaticaly (using Apex) call the Visualforce page create screen.

Can I use the following ?

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/066/e?retURL=%2Fapexpages%2Fsetup%2FlistApexPage.apexp');

Will there be guarantee this will not change for other salesforce organizations?

Is there any other way for doing it ?

Thank you

Viraj

• August 21, 2009

Hi,

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/066/e?retURL=%2Fapexpages%2Fsetup%2FlistApexPage.apexp');

Will there be guarantee this will not change for other salesforce organizations?

Thank you

Viraj

• August 21, 2009

Hi,

I have developed an AppExchange application which uses the product module.

If I be more specific, this application has a custom field in the Opportunity line items.

Will I be able install this application in Professional edition which does not have a product module ?

Viraj

• August 07, 2009

Hi,

I managed to get a test professional edition from the "salesforce.com Partner Program".

This Professional edition has the product module.

How can I remove it ?

Viraj

• August 07, 2009

Hi,

I am using renderAs="pdf" to generate PDF documents from Visualforce pages.

Can someone tell what "font-family" the generated PDF documents supports ?

Viraj

• July 31, 2009

Hi,

In my Professional trial edition, I can add products to an Opportunity using standard price book.

When I buy this Professional edition, will I loose this feature of adding products a Opportunity ?

Do I have to pay more to get this feature ?

Viraj

• July 27, 2009

Hi,

I heard that the Salesforce Professional edition does not come with Product module. Is it true ?

If so what is the additional payment I have to do to get this module ?

Viraj

• July 27, 2009

Hi,

Is there a way to get the namespace prefix of a Salesforce organization using Apex code ?

I have developed an AppExchange application. This application need to know the namespace of the Salesforce organization to create a record.

Thanks

Viraj

• June 17, 2010

Hi,

I have an application in Japanese AppExchange. I want to list the application in the English AppExchange. Fo this I will build the same application in a separate Salesforce account and submit it Salesforce security review. I have following set of questions on this issue.

Will I automatically pass the security review because same application is listed in Japanese AppExchange (passed security review)?

Is there a special process for this kind of listings?

Do I have to pay again for the security review for the English AppExchange ?

Are there any other additional fees involved this process ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 15, 2010

Hi,

I am developing an application that I want to list in both Japanese and English AppExchange. I have following questions regarding this.

1. Can I use one Salesforce account apply for security review ?

2. Can I use one Saleforce account to package and list in both Japanese and English AppExchange ?

Thanks

Viraj

• June 14, 2010

Hi,

I need to use escape="false" in some of our app's Visualforce pages in order to allow the display of HTML stored in the database. Per SFDC's Security Review of our app (and for good reason), I must sanitize this HTML. Unfortunately, SFDC does not yet provide any built-in methods to do so, therefore, one must roll their own solution.

Any ideas on the best way to go about implementing this?

Thanks a lot,

Mike 

Hi,

Is it true ?

Viraj

• August 24, 2009

Hi,

Thank you

Viraj

• August 21, 2009
Hi,

What is best way to write unit tests for an Apex class ? The known options are listed below.
1. Write the test in seperate Apex class.
2. Write test in an inner class in the same apex class.
3. Write test same apex class at the bottom.

I used option 1, but had a problem with writing tests for private methods. Finally I had to make all of them public, which I don't think as not good practise.

Can I use @IsTest annotation for inner class or test methods ?

Thanks
Viraj

• December 13, 2008
Hi,
When checking some AppExchange products I saw that some of them have given Salesforce product edition as "Force.com".

Eg: "Services Project Manager" Application Published by "Salesforce Labs" gives " Enterprise , Unlimited , Force.com" as "PRODUCT EDITION" under "Specifications" tab.

Is the edition "Force.com" edition is same as the developer edition ?

Thanks,
Viraj
  • October 09, 2008