• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a query "SELECT Name, Folder.Name, Body, Id  FROM Document", it keeps returning me 1 record only as I can see the length =1.

But, I have more than 20 files in different folder in my Document tab.

But, then I try by remove the Body from the query, and it returns all records I wanted.

Is there any wrong with my query?

Please advise.

Thanks

David

Message Edited by silkkeng on 09-08-2009 05:31 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is a way to check the current login user's session?
For example, a user login to salesforce and press a custom button to call another external web URL. Before he get redirect to the URL, i should then verify if he is part of the named user. If is not in the list, I will denied his request.

Or if you have any good suggestion? Please advise

Thanks and appreciates

Regards,
David
I noticed that many advance user suggest using DescribesObject to pull all fields from salesforce.
I am currently using Enterprise Wsdl, but I don't see to find the describesObject in the SFOrce.common.
I only see describesObjectResult and some event available.

Is this object only available in Partner Wsdl?
What's the different between Partner Wsdl and Enterprise Wsdl?

Is there any other workaround if I am using Enterprise Wsdl?

Hi,
As we frequently maintain our Opportunity especially introducing new Fields in salesforce.
Is it possible to do "SELECT * FROM the Object" instead of providing each field in the select query?

As if a new field has been created with mandatory, it will broken the custom code as well.

Regards,
silkkeng
Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is a way to check the current login user's session?
For example, a user login to salesforce and press a custom button to call another external web URL. Before he get redirect to the URL, i should then verify if he is part of the named user. If is not in the list, I will denied his request.

Or if you have any good suggestion? Please advise

Thanks and appreciates

Regards,
David
Greetings Dev Community,

My company is just starting to move over to Salesforce.com and My task is to integrate our existing Client Support site with Salesforce.  To this end we're utilizing the API through C# and ASP.NET.  Another learning curve for me but I'm getting there [our Dev team uses it so it was thought best to go down a route where we have internal support].

Apparently there is a difference between a Self Service Session and a Regular User Session, as once I got my code working correctly to validate my self service user I'm getting an exception "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Self Service User Sessions are not valid for use with the API".

So what is the difference between a Self Service User Session and a regular session?  What can I do with a self service session?  Am I limited to only validating the login and setting passwords?

Thanks in advance!