• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We're seeking a developer experienced in Flex Toolkit for Salesforce, embedding Flex in S-Controls, and of course the Salesforce API for an aggresive project to begin within two weeks. Duration could be a few weeks or up to a few months -- depending on how fast you can work!. You will be working on a new AppExchange offering.

We're based in Seattle and while we don't require you to be on-site, we prefer a US West Coast resource so either you or I can meet initially and occasionally as needed.

We're open to either a fixed project fee or hourly pay scenario.

For more details please contact Mike at 206-819-1010. Please be prepared to provide a resume, examples of prior work required, and/or client references.

Interesting in others' designs on the following scenario:

User launches content from a 3rd party content server. That content needs to communicate usage stats (via the content server, not from the client) back to the Salesforce platform. See following:

I'm new to the Salesforce platform -- is it possible to write my own web service on the Salesforce platform so my 3rd party content server can communicate to it?

I could do client-to-Salesforce communication as well if Apex is versatile enough at this point. I use the 3rd party content server both to serve the content and as a bridge to parse usage data and then send it off to Salesforce.

Thanks for any insights.

Mike
Seattle

I posted my Flex sample app to my web server and I'm getting the following error (see screenshot). This error does not occur when run locally on my machine.

I researched the issue and saw directions on making sure a crossdomain.xml file is on the server being called -- it was my understanding from SF that the crossdomain.xml is now on their servers.

Anyone have any insights into this? Thanks.

I extended the Flex sample app to populate a DataGrid with the Id and Name of Attachment objects from Salesforce.

However, I've encountered an issue where if I attempt to put the Id and Name in the same row in the DataGrid, it fails. However, if the Id and Name are on separate rows (two separate ArrayCollection.addItem statements) then it works. This happens with any query where I bring back multiple fields and attempt to show them in the same row in the DataGrid.

Here's a snippet of the relevant code that does not work:
  private function render():void{

apex.query("Select Id, Name FROM Attachment",
new AsyncResponder(
function(qr:QueryResult):void{
var ar:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

for (var j:int=0;j<qr.records.length;j++) {
ar.addItem( {Id:qr.records[j].Id}, {Filename:qr.records[j].Name} );
}

bg.columns = [new DataGridColumn('Id'), new DataGridColumn('Filename')];
bg.dataProvider = ar;

},
function (fault:Object):void{

}
));
}

However, the following code does work:

new AsyncResponder(

ar.addItem( {Id:qr.records[j].Id} );
ar.addItem( {Filename:qr.records[j].Name} );
}

bg.dataProvider = ar;

},
function (fault:Object):void{

}
));
}

I need to upload and fetch an employee image file to SForce via my stand-alone Flex app. The image will appear as part of an employee's record. I have all of it working except the image part.

Are there any sample apps/code out there?

Thanks for any direction.

Mike
Seattle, WA
Hi,

I'm trying to use the flex toolkit.  I can run the salesforce.mxml app with no problems locally, but receive security sandbox errors when running from a server.  I can see the apex login call is finding a cross-domain.xml file, but i still receive the violation.

The domain the toolkit requests data from is: .../services/Soap/u/9.0

but the file is at  .../services/Soap/u/cross-domain.xml.

Does anyone know if it's location is an issue, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.  It sure seems like a great tool if I can deploy it.

Jay
I extended the Flex sample app to populate a DataGrid with the Id and Name of Attachment objects from Salesforce.

However, I've encountered an issue where if I attempt to put the Id and Name in the same row in the DataGrid, it fails. However, if the Id and Name are on separate rows (two separate ArrayCollection.addItem statements) then it works. This happens with any query where I bring back multiple fields and attempt to show them in the same row in the DataGrid.

Here's a snippet of the relevant code that does not work:

new AsyncResponder(

ar.addItem( {Id:qr.records[j].Id}, {Filename:qr.records[j].Name} );
}

bg.dataProvider = ar;

},