• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are working on a forecasting app and we need to figure out whether the logged in user has the rights to view someone elses forecast and if yes then whos (which role/user).My questions are:

1) Is there a way to figure this out through the API. If yes how and which tables give me that info.
2) Also which tables give the security info. e.g - whether I am allowed to see someone elses data (e.g Opportunities for ppl above or below me in the hierarchy) and if yes what security permissions do i have to look at in teh API.

It would be great to get some help ont he above

Thanks

I want run query as :
Select convertCurrency(Amount) , Amount  in Opportunity.

But it does not work.
Does anybody know how to resolve it?

Thanks
I click one opportunity get the recordTypeId then go to RecordType table get the match record's layoutId, I also use decribelayout("opportunity",null,...) to get all the layouts,when I look for the layouts' id ,I can not find one layoutId is belong to the opportunity layout.
Can somebody tell me why? I think maybe because descirbelayout just get some layout assigned to me,not all of the layout but this opportunity is set the layout to other layout which assigned to other person set role Hierarchy up me?

Thanks

lulu
I want to select Amount as amount from opportunity,but it failed,so How can I rename the field.

Thanks

lulu
I set amout field to read only in salesforce,and create a new one opp amout is readonly,but I through apex to update is successful.How can I know the field is read only or other setting?

Thanks

lulu
My customer is Professional Edition User,he cannot login though username and password to our application but he can inside salesforce without login to our application.I just wonder does anyone know salesforce changes sth in salesforce?

Thanks

lulu
I want to query for isPartner from user table,but some company with isPartner field but some of them do not have this field in User table ,so I want to know how I know partner model enabled or not?

Thanks

kelly
I have the available sessionId ,i want to open a new window and directly login to salesforce,how can pass this sessionId to salesforce

I use develop account as manager to update the sale person's totalCommit or totalUpside,which table can I update to salesforce,I find RevenueForecast to store the ManagerCommitOverride or ManagerUpsideOverride,but It is read only,how can I through API update these fields??

I want to select Amount as amount from opportunity,but it failed,so How can I rename the field.

Thanks

lulu
I have the available sessionId ,i want to open a new window and directly login to salesforce,how can pass this sessionId to salesforce

Hi

While using API QueryResult  and query function i got an exception

+ System.SystemException {"MALFORMED_QUERY: \nId from Account where Name='cv's interest'\n                               ^\nERROR at Row:1:Column:44\nunexpected token: s interest"} System.SystemException
It's because of single quote(') in the query.

Here is my code:

sforce.QueryResult acc=sfc.query ("select Id,Name from Account where Name='cv's interest'");

Here account name=cv's interest having single quote in it.

It is causing that error.

Can anyone help me to over come this problem (single quote) while using query function of API

Thanks for your help

------MM