• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have created an external .NET app that logs into our SalesForce.com account and retrieves corresponding contact data, which is then used to email out company-specific messages. The app works fine, but now we would like to update our SalesForce.com account with a record of those email postings.

Accordingly, it seems like we need to create "completed" tasks that are assigned to each contact that has been emailed. I've written the following test code in .NET just to see if I can create task objects in SalesForce:

Dim sForceService As New sforce.SforceService
sForceService.Url = mSessionURL
sForceService.SessionHeaderValue =
New sforce.SessionHeader
sForceService.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = mSessionID
Dim taskArray(0) As sforce.sObject
Dim sTask As sforce.Task = New sforce.Task
sTask.CreatedById = mUserID
sTask.OwnerId = mRecipientID
sTask.ActivityDate = DateTime.Now
sTask.Description =
"Test Description"
sTask.Priority = "Normal"
sTask.Status = "Completed"
sTask.Subject = "Email: Test Email"
taskArray(0) = sTask
Dim sr() As sforce.SaveResult = sForceService.create(taskArray)

When I try to run the code in Visual Studio's Debug mode, everything seems to work fine until it gets to the very last line above; when the Dim sr() As sforce.SaveResult = sForceService.create(taskArray) code executes, I get the following error: "Unable to automatically step into the server. Connecting to the server machine "na2-api.salesforce.com" failed. The format of the specified network name is invalid."

I've tried researching this error and verifying that what I'm trying to do is valid, but I can't find any answers. Has anyone tried creating their own task objects before? Note that I'm presuming that the same SalesForce server is used to create new objects as well as read existing company data. All help is appreciated.

I have just completed a custom .NET application that "talks" to SalesForce.com and runs perfectly fine when browsed outside of SalesForce.com. However, when I try to access the same application through a SalesForce.com custom tab, I get an "Access is denied" error each time I try to click into a field, make a pulldown selection, click a button, etc. Note that the app does "work" in SalesForce.com, but naturally all of the error messages are quite annoying and need to be taken care of.

Since the app works fine outside of SalesForce.com, I'm presuming that the issue is with the app misbehaving in whatever frame mechanism SalesForce.com forces it through. I also suspect that it's an AJAX issue (yes, the .NET app I've created leverages AJAX 1.0), and that the SalesForce.com frame displaying my app is somehow interferring with the AJAX mechanism. Finally, I've noticed that the app works fine even within SalesForce.com when viewed in Firefox--the problem only manifests itself in IE 7.

If someone has experienced this sort of issue before, please let me know!

Scott M. Huelsman

HSA Applications Development

608-443-4339

I've been tasked to build a .NET web application (VB) that will connect with our SalesForce.com data and allow our salespeople to select an in-house email template for mass mailings through our own in-house mail servers. I have everything setup in Visual Studio 2005, the WSDL is in place, and I have some initial code running that allows me to successfully log into the API and retrieve some basic information (user name, company, etc.). So far, all is going well.

Now, I want to create a dropdown menu that contains any and all contact "views" established by the user. In SalesForce.com, I can create a new view and assign specific contacts to that view, allowing me to manage different groups of folks to potentially email. However, I can't seem to find any reference to these views in the Apex API. I presume there is some sort of mechanism I can use to capture what views have been created by a particular user, so in turn I can capture the appropriate contacts for that view.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
We have created an external .NET app that logs into our SalesForce.com account and retrieves corresponding contact data, which is then used to email out company-specific messages. The app works fine, but now we would like to update our SalesForce.com account with a record of those email postings.

Accordingly, it seems like we need to create "completed" tasks that are assigned to each contact that has been emailed. I've written the following test code in .NET just to see if I can create task objects in SalesForce:

Dim sForceService As New sforce.SforceService
sForceService.Url = mSessionURL
sForceService.SessionHeaderValue =
New sforce.SessionHeader
sForceService.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = mSessionID
Dim taskArray(0) As sforce.sObject
Dim sTask As sforce.Task = New sforce.Task
sTask.CreatedById = mUserID
sTask.OwnerId = mRecipientID
sTask.ActivityDate = DateTime.Now
sTask.Description =
"Test Description"
sTask.Priority = "Normal"
sTask.Status = "Completed"
sTask.Subject = "Email: Test Email"
taskArray(0) = sTask
Dim sr() As sforce.SaveResult = sForceService.create(taskArray)

When I try to run the code in Visual Studio's Debug mode, everything seems to work fine until it gets to the very last line above; when the Dim sr() As sforce.SaveResult = sForceService.create(taskArray) code executes, I get the following error: "Unable to automatically step into the server. Connecting to the server machine "na2-api.salesforce.com" failed. The format of the specified network name is invalid."

I've tried researching this error and verifying that what I'm trying to do is valid, but I can't find any answers. Has anyone tried creating their own task objects before? Note that I'm presuming that the same SalesForce server is used to create new objects as well as read existing company data. All help is appreciated.

I have just completed a custom .NET application that "talks" to SalesForce.com and runs perfectly fine when browsed outside of SalesForce.com. However, when I try to access the same application through a SalesForce.com custom tab, I get an "Access is denied" error each time I try to click into a field, make a pulldown selection, click a button, etc. Note that the app does "work" in SalesForce.com, but naturally all of the error messages are quite annoying and need to be taken care of.

Since the app works fine outside of SalesForce.com, I'm presuming that the issue is with the app misbehaving in whatever frame mechanism SalesForce.com forces it through. I also suspect that it's an AJAX issue (yes, the .NET app I've created leverages AJAX 1.0), and that the SalesForce.com frame displaying my app is somehow interferring with the AJAX mechanism. Finally, I've noticed that the app works fine even within SalesForce.com when viewed in Firefox--the problem only manifests itself in IE 7.

If someone has experienced this sort of issue before, please let me know!

Scott M. Huelsman

HSA Applications Development

608-443-4339

I've been tasked to build a .NET web application (VB) that will connect with our SalesForce.com data and allow our salespeople to select an in-house email template for mass mailings through our own in-house mail servers. I have everything setup in Visual Studio 2005, the WSDL is in place, and I have some initial code running that allows me to successfully log into the API and retrieve some basic information (user name, company, etc.). So far, all is going well.

Now, I want to create a dropdown menu that contains any and all contact "views" established by the user. In SalesForce.com, I can create a new view and assign specific contacts to that view, allowing me to manage different groups of folks to potentially email. However, I can't seem to find any reference to these views in the Apex API. I presume there is some sort of mechanism I can use to capture what views have been created by a particular user, so in turn I can capture the appropriate contacts for that view.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?