• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to upsert an sControl via the API.  The docs say that Name is a filed of type idLookup, but when I try the upsert...

upsert("Name", mySobjArray)

...I get the error:

INVALID_FIELD: Field name provided, Name does not match an External ID, Salesforce Id, or indexed field for Scontrol

Anyone come across this?

How long is each version of the API supported for? Do they expire a year after the next release etc? Or hang around for ever.

(I'm thinking about updates to the wsdl and our client application.)
Has the 10.0 version of the wsdl been released? The version I can access from my Dev Edition is still 9.0.

I query an account using the Paertner WSDL. On the account is one of my custom fields which is empty. Using the sObject I got back in the query I update the field value and do an upsert. The changed field is ignored.

fieldsToNull is set empty, but the field does have an attribute of xsi:nil="true", which presumably came back with the query. I thought that the API ignored xsi:nil and just used the fieldsToNull property. However if I set the xsi:nil value to false the update works.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas? I could just check every field for the attribute but it seems a bit long winded.
Is it possible to do mass email via the API using a Developer Edition account?
I'm calling sendEmail and think that I have the right permissions but I'm still getting a NO_MASS_MAIL_PERMISSION error.
Is there anyway in an email template to loop around multiple child objects? eg. my contact can have many custom child objects. Can I show the name of each of those objects in an email template?
Is it possible to point the WhatId on a Task to the externalid on an account?

I tried it by setting the WhatId directly and got a  MALFORMED_ID error.
Is there anyway to package external components (that must be run on local machines) into an AppExchange product?
I'm trying to upsert an sControl via the API.  The docs say that Name is a filed of type idLookup, but when I try the upsert...

upsert("Name", mySobjArray)

...I get the error:

INVALID_FIELD: Field name provided, Name does not match an External ID, Salesforce Id, or indexed field for Scontrol

Anyone come across this?

Has the 10.0 version of the wsdl been released? The version I can access from my Dev Edition is still 9.0.

I query an account using the Paertner WSDL. On the account is one of my custom fields which is empty. Using the sObject I got back in the query I update the field value and do an upsert. The changed field is ignored.

fieldsToNull is set empty, but the field does have an attribute of xsi:nil="true", which presumably came back with the query. I thought that the API ignored xsi:nil and just used the fieldsToNull property. However if I set the xsi:nil value to false the update works.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas? I could just check every field for the attribute but it seems a bit long winded.
Is it possible to do mass email via the API using a Developer Edition account?
I'm calling sendEmail and think that I have the right permissions but I'm still getting a NO_MASS_MAIL_PERMISSION error.
Is there anyway in an email template to loop around multiple child objects? eg. my contact can have many custom child objects. Can I show the name of each of those objects in an email template?
Is there anyway to package external components (that must be run on local machines) into an AppExchange product?