• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

I was wondering how do you following a Chatter uploaded file in apex code please? i know how to following a record or a user or how to copy a record FeedItem into another record but i'm not so sure how different it is to follow a file so the user who is already following that record gets the updates for the file as well...

Any information would be great help.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Motoki

Dear All,

If i need to update a list of WorkflowRule objects using the Metadata api update() method, do i need to create the Workflow objects to hold the list of WorkflowRule objects belong to a Workflow file?

At the moment, i'm parsing in a list of workflow xml files retrieved using an Ant script and created a list of WorkflowRule objects. After that i put the list into an UpdateMetadata[] array. However, i'm getting the following errors:

Must specify a {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance}type attribute value for the {http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata}metadata element

Anyone could give me some inputs for what i might be missing would be great.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Motoki

• September 14, 2010

Dear All,

I just started learning Apex and Visualforce page and i'm trying to make a simple form that send the Salutation, First Name and Last Name and save it in the Contact object.

However, i don't understand how to display the Contact.Name field like the edit Contact page under the Contacts tab where you have a Salutation dropdown list, First Name input field and a Last Name input field.

Could somebody be so kind to give me an example please?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Best Regards,

Motoki

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there is any example of how to write a upsert statment to update some data in a JSP page? I was trying to copy the way how the Partner Java sample would handle the upsert statement but couldn't get it right on jsp... This is my first time trying to do salesforce on jsp, so if anyone could help would be great.

Thanks alot!
Richie

• November 29, 2007
I'm a newbie in this Salesfore Java developement... i just want to write a very simple Java program that do some salesforce queries like inserting, upserting data... like the quickstartJava sample...

My current set up is:
Tomcat 4.1
Java SDK 1.5
Axis 1.4

When i tried to convert the enterprise.wsdl from my salesforce account to java classes, i got a list of exception errors... can someone help me understand what is going on?  Many thanks!

Code:
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java enterprise.wsdl
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectR
esourceBundle).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.wsdl.Definition

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.class$(JavaGenerator
Factory.java:68)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.addDefinitionGenerat
ors(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:179)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.addGenerators(JavaGe
neratorFactory.java:133)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.<init>(JavaGenerator
Factory.java:111)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.<init>(Emitter.java:159)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.createParser(WSDL2Java.java:209)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.WSDL2.<init>(WSDL2.java:96)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<init>(WSDL2Java.java:194)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:371)

• September 19, 2007
Hi guys,

I was trying to use a for loop to delete a list of data in my flex 2 application. My list of data is all deleted but i also get the following error... Could anyone so kind to explain to me what is going on with this error please?

Thanks a lot.
Richie

VerifyError: Error #1107: The ABC data is corrupt, attempt to read out of bounds.
 at com.salesforce::AsyncResponder/result()
 at private::SalesForceResponder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncToken/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::applyResult()
 at mx.rpc.events::ResultEvent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::callTokenResponders()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()
 at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
 at private::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::onComplete()
 at [io]
  • August 27, 2007
Hi I'm using the Flex toolkit for a flex application. I have everything working when i run the project locally but once i put it on a web server and try to access it from the server url, the connection to http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0 fails. Can anyone please help me solve this please?

Thank you very much.
  • August 13, 2007
Hi guys,

When i used the following query to select from data from a custom objects i get a lot of repeated data.

Select bandName__c From Bands__c Where Genre_ID__c = 1

I tried to used a keyword "distinct" in SQL language but this gives me an error... So, is there any way i can remove the repeated data??

Many Thanks,
Motoki
I add a line "connection.useProxy = false" in the send() function from the Transport.as file and tried to rebuild the as3Salesforce.swc file so that i can use the toolkit while having other applications using the Flex Data Services.

But when i include the swc in my project space, there are a few errors that:

"An internal build error has occurred. Please check the Error Log."
"unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc"

I believe that without the useProxy parameter set in the toolkit file, i can not have it work with my flex project... Is there any chance there will be a new distribution to fix this problem?

Thank you.
Motoki
Is there any way i could use the Flex toolkit with the Flex Data Services? thanks!

Hi guys,

I was wondering how do you following a Chatter uploaded file in apex code please? i know how to following a record or a user or how to copy a record FeedItem into another record but i'm not so sure how different it is to follow a file so the user who is already following that record gets the updates for the file as well...

Any information would be great help.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Motoki

Hello, I followed the tutorials to create a VisualForce page that lists all the records on my object:

public DisplayMarginEscalators[] getMarginEscalators()
    {

if (marginescalatorsHigh == null)
        {
            marginescalatorsHigh = new DisplayMarginEscalatorsHigh[]{};

for (Pipeline_Tracker__c pt : [SELECT Subcategory__c, Account__c,        
                 Sales_Pole__c, Probability__c, Q1_Revenue__c, SD_Owner__c,
FROM Pipeline_Tracker__c WHERE Year__c = 2011]) { marginescalators.add(new DisplayMarginEscalators(pt)); } } return marginescalators; }

However, what I want to do is see if I can create another method that sets up a loop to go through my record collection and collect a total amount for the object: Q1_Revenue__c. I'm not sure how to do this, though.

I've been playing around with a for loop:

Integer x;
Integer total;
public Integer getTotal()
{
   for (x=0;x<marginescalators.size();x+1)
   {
       total = total + marginescalators[x].Q1_Revenue__c;
   }
}

But, I'm having trouble getting it working. Does anyone have any insight into how I can collect the running total for this amount? Please note, that I cannot use a SUM function because I have already used up my limit for SOQL queries.

Dear All,

I just started learning Apex and Visualforce page and i'm trying to make a simple form that send the Salutation, First Name and Last Name and save it in the Contact object.

However, i don't understand how to display the Contact.Name field like the edit Contact page under the Contacts tab where you have a Salutation dropdown list, First Name input field and a Last Name input field.

Could somebody be so kind to give me an example please?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Best Regards,

Motoki

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there is any example of how to write a upsert statment to update some data in a JSP page? I was trying to copy the way how the Partner Java sample would handle the upsert statement but couldn't get it right on jsp... This is my first time trying to do salesforce on jsp, so if anyone could help would be great.

Thanks alot!
Richie

• November 29, 2007
I'm a newbie in this Salesfore Java developement... i just want to write a very simple Java program that do some salesforce queries like inserting, upserting data... like the quickstartJava sample...

My current set up is:
Tomcat 4.1
Java SDK 1.5
Axis 1.4

When i tried to convert the enterprise.wsdl from my salesforce account to java classes, i got a list of exception errors... can someone help me understand what is going on?  Many thanks!

Code:
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java enterprise.wsdl
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectR
esourceBundle).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.wsdl.Definition

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.class$(JavaGenerator
Factory.java:68)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.addDefinitionGenerat
ors(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:179)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.addGenerators(JavaGe
neratorFactory.java:133)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.<init>(JavaGenerator
Factory.java:111)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.<init>(Emitter.java:159)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.createParser(WSDL2Java.java:209)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.WSDL2.<init>(WSDL2.java:96)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<init>(WSDL2Java.java:194)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:371)

• September 19, 2007
Hi guys,

I was trying to use a for loop to delete a list of data in my flex 2 application. My list of data is all deleted but i also get the following error... Could anyone so kind to explain to me what is going on with this error please?

Thanks a lot.
Richie

VerifyError: Error #1107: The ABC data is corrupt, attempt to read out of bounds.
 at com.salesforce::AsyncResponder/result()
 at private::SalesForceResponder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncToken/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::applyResult()
 at mx.rpc.events::ResultEvent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::callTokenResponders()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()
 at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
 at private::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::onComplete()
 at [io]
  • August 27, 2007
Hi I'm using the Flex toolkit for a flex application. I have everything working when i run the project locally but once i put it on a web server and try to access it from the server url, the connection to http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0 fails. Can anyone please help me solve this please?

Thank you very much.
  • August 13, 2007
I add a line "connection.useProxy = false" in the send() function from the Transport.as file and tried to rebuild the as3Salesforce.swc file so that i can use the toolkit while having other applications using the Flex Data Services.

But when i include the swc in my project space, there are a few errors that:

"An internal build error has occurred. Please check the Error Log."
"unable to load SWC as3Salesforce.swc"

I believe that without the useProxy parameter set in the toolkit file, i can not have it work with my flex project... Is there any chance there will be a new distribution to fix this problem?

Thank you.
Motoki