• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Salesforce has introduced this new security token and I can't login any more.  I have downloaded the security token so I can log into the website but I can't use the connector.  Its says I have to add it to the logon, but I don't know how.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
NSM
  • December 07, 2007
Hi There,

First of all, I am very proud to admit that I can use the excel connector successfully for 'opportunities' and it works great...Now, however, I am having problems with a Custom Built Object.  It seems the Custom Built object (named "Partnerships") only has a Parternerhip ID and not an Account ID...so the fields I try and grab are" Partnership ID, Partnership Name, Stage and Close Date.   But, I get the following error when I try and update using the connector:
 ---------------------------
Salesforce Excel Add-In
Salesforce: Query()
invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
type is: Partnership
sObject type 'Partnership ' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
OK  

What does it mean to append the '_c' after the entity name. Should that be 'Partnershp Id_c????

Thanks.
  • September 04, 2007
I have finally installed the SF Connector somewhat successfullly because I have outlook edition 3.2 now...So when I open excel i have access to the sforce connector and drop down.  However when I try and run a query i get a message saying the macro for sforce connect 616pe[1}.zip\sforce connecto for pe.xla'!sfdescribeand query'cannot be found...

Any idea as to what this means and how i can fix it....is there a user manual out there?
  • August 09, 2007
I need help in building an S-Control.  I would like to add "Contact Roles" to a Custom Object that I built.  For example, on the Opportunity page there is "Contact Roles" and when you click on "New" a list of contacts are displayed.  I would like that same functionality to on this new "Partnership" tab I created...

If anybody can provide the S-Control I'd really appreciate it.  This is all new to me.

Thanks.

NSM
  • July 27, 2007
I need help in building an S-Control.  I would like to add "Contact Roles" to a Custom Object that I built.  For example, on the Opportunity page there is "Contact Roles" and when you click on "New" a list of contacts are displayed.  I would like that same functionality to on this new "Partnership" tab I created...

If anybody can provide the S-Control I'd really appreciate it.  This is all new to me.

Thanks.

NSM
  • July 27, 2007
Salesforce has introduced this new security token and I can't login any more.  I have downloaded the security token so I can log into the website but I can't use the connector.  Its says I have to add it to the logon, but I don't know how.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
NSM
  • December 07, 2007
Hi There,

First of all, I am very proud to admit that I can use the excel connector successfully for 'opportunities' and it works great...Now, however, I am having problems with a Custom Built Object.  It seems the Custom Built object (named "Partnerships") only has a Parternerhip ID and not an Account ID...so the fields I try and grab are" Partnership ID, Partnership Name, Stage and Close Date.   But, I get the following error when I try and update using the connector:
Salesforce Excel Add-In
Salesforce: Query()
invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
type is: Partnership
sObject type 'Partnership ' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
OK  

What does it mean to append the '_c' after the entity name. Should that be 'Partnershp Id_c????

Thanks.
  • September 04, 2007

Thanks.

NSM
  • July 27, 2007
Hi,  I customised the Asset Section to have 4 extra date fields to record the future service dates due on an asset.

If we then use the connector to upload dates in bulk it will only allow us to update a row.  If we sellect multiple rows with dates in and update them we get this:

Does anyone have any ideas?  Its beat me!

Yours sadly,
Me!