• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I have a custom field in account called lead source and I would like it to update the leads source in the opportunity when a new opportunity is created. We do not create opportunities when a Lead is converted they are created sometime after so I lose the visiablity to the lead source and our reps select random lead sources in Opportunity when I make it a required field.

I don't know much about java script or s-controls but I have been directed here by SFDC and they said I need to create an s-control to do this. According to them workflow rules will not work.

My though is this could be done by looking at the account ID then pulling the Account lead source and updating the Opportunity Lead source. But I can't find anything on how to do this anywhere. If someone has done this before could you please post your code or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
E
  • March 18, 2008
Hi everyone,

My companies policy when converting leads is to create an opportunity much later in the sales cycle the problem is I am losing my Lead Source & Campaigns and can't track ROI effectively. I was wondering if anyone has creating a work around this maybe something using the API that looks at the account and would pull the lead source from a custom lead source that I have built there. IF anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric
  • August 01, 2007
Hi

I have a custom field in account called lead source and I would like it to update the leads source in the opportunity when a new opportunity is created. We do not create opportunities when a Lead is converted they are created sometime after so I lose the visiablity to the lead source and our reps select random lead sources in Opportunity when I make it a required field.

I don't know much about java script or s-controls but I have been directed here by SFDC and they said I need to create an s-control to do this. According to them workflow rules will not work.

My though is this could be done by looking at the account ID then pulling the Account lead source and updating the Opportunity Lead source. But I can't find anything on how to do this anywhere. If someone has done this before could you please post your code or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
E
  • March 18, 2008