• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an s-control that prompts the user for a search string and then passes the info to the Advanced Search Results Window.  I am doing this because I want to retain the ID of the record they were on.  From the Search Results screen they select the records they want and when they click a button I can create a record that links their choices with the record where they started. I also can go back to that first record since iI have the ID. 

It works great until they use the Filter button on the Advanced Search screen.  At that point my window.location gives me the data for the filtered results.  I have tried using top, parent...., I can't get the URL that I can see in the Address of my browser.  If I look at the source it is there. 

Does anyone know how to get to it?

Many thanks...
  • August 01, 2008
I have a customer is construction.  They are often working on Projects in the field ie no internet access.  Offline would be perfect for keeping track of things while in the field.  Unfortunately Projects aren't included in Offline. I could have an Opportunity that has record Type = Project and has its own stages etc.  but that is kind of hokey. 

Has anyone done anything to customize offline and bring other objects to it?

Thanks
  • June 04, 2008
I am new to Salesforce and have looked for an answer on the blogs but can't seem to find one.  I want to restrict a Lead from being converted until a certain percentage of the fields have been filled.  I can set up a workflow rule based on this that alerts the person that the Lead is ready to be converted but that's not what I want. 

I tried using Lead Processes and Record Typoes to use a different Page Layout where the Convert Button was hidden.  But I can't see how to control which Page Layout is used based on my rule. 

Has anyone done this and can offer me some suggestions?  It would be greatly appreciated ;-) !!
  • August 23, 2007
I wrote and s-control to convert a number of leads from a leads view.  It works fine as long as I want duplicate accounts created.

I check to see if the account exists and if so get the ID.  I can displaye the ID using an alert so I know I got it and it is correct.  I put the Id into convert.accountId yet when I call leadConvert the accountId is null. 

I have added the code in case I am making a stupid mistake.   I changed the Status to something that is invalid so I get an error that shows me what is being passed.  The leadId is passed correctly but not the accountId. Thanks for any help.

var convert = new sforce.LeadConvert();
convert.leadId = records[i].Id;
//Now check if account already exists and if it does also check if contact exists
//alert("SELECT ID from Account WHERE Account.Name='" + records[i].Company + "'");
var account = sforce.connection.query("SELECT ID from Account WHERE Account.Name='" + records[i].Company + "'");
if  (account.size > 0)
        {
            var accrec = account.getArray('records');
            convert.accountId = accrec[0].Id;
alert("Acct ID: "+ convert.accountId + " and Lead Id "+ convert.leadId);
            var contact = sforce.connection.query("SELECT ID from Contact WHERE Contact.Name='" + records[i].Name + "'");
           if  (contact.size > 0)
              {
                var contrec=contact.getArray('records');
                convert.contactId=contrec[0].Id;
               }
  }
convert.convertedStatus = "AClosed - Converted";
convert.doNotCreateOpportunity="true";
var saveResult = sforce.connection.convertLead([convert]);
I have a customer is construction.  They are often working on Projects in the field ie no internet access.  Offline would be perfect for keeping track of things while in the field.  Unfortunately Projects aren't included in Offline. I could have an Opportunity that has record Type = Project and has its own stages etc.  but that is kind of hokey. 

Has anyone done anything to customize offline and bring other objects to it?

Thanks
  • June 04, 2008