• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a custom object called Location and intended to define a Master-Detail field for the Account object so that I could utilize the new summary functionality to total the Number of Employees for all Locations associated with an Account.

However, I also need the ability to update the Master-Detail field on the Location so that I can move the Location to another Account, which forced me to change the Master-Detail relationship to a Lookup relationship.

From many of the posts, it appears that I should be able to use an S-control to sum the Number of Employees for all Locations associated with a particular Account and either display that value on the Account detail page, or actually create and update a custom field on the Account page.

Can anyone provide the S-control logic that would accomplish this task?  Any other ideas you may have would be much appreciated!

• August 31, 2007
I am new to the community, so bear with me.  If I want to load Excel Connector, but do not have Outlook, and I dead in the water?  It seems logical that I need Office, but not necessarily Outlook.  Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
  • August 29, 2007
I have created a custom object called Location and intended to define a Master-Detail field for the Account object so that I could utilize the new summary functionality to total the Number of Employees for all Locations associated with an Account.

However, I also need the ability to update the Master-Detail field on the Location so that I can move the Location to another Account, which forced me to change the Master-Detail relationship to a Lookup relationship.

From many of the posts, it appears that I should be able to use an S-control to sum the Number of Employees for all Locations associated with a particular Account and either display that value on the Account detail page, or actually create and update a custom field on the Account page.

Can anyone provide the S-control logic that would accomplish this task?  Any other ideas you may have would be much appreciated!

• August 31, 2007
I am new to the community, so bear with me.  If I want to load Excel Connector, but do not have Outlook, and I dead in the water?  It seems logical that I need Office, but not necessarily Outlook.  Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
  • August 29, 2007