• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to get the comments field to show up on the activity history related list, but the field is not available.

Is this because there is no comments field for Events?  It seems to me that a task & an event are basically activity record types. 

My end goal is to be able to show the actual details (or at least the first 40 characters or so) for phone calls that were logged, rather than the user having to constantly hit the "View All" button.  Anyone else ran into this issue, or have any ideas of how I could workaround these restrictions?
I need some help on creating a simple s-control field that I can use to display a particular field on a page layout in red (and possibly bold). 

Thanks!
I need help creating an S-control to do the following.  I have a custom object 4 layers down from Accounts.  I have created a contact lookup field here, but need to be able to display contact details such as phone and email address as well in a custom report.

I thought about recreating the fields I need on my new custom object, and would like some tips on creating an S-Control that will populate these fields when the user selects the contact from the lookup.
  • September 18, 2007
I have a Sample Request object that uses an approval process. I have created a Flex control that allows sales reps to quickly add products to the sample request. This control currently allows them to add products even after the record has been submitted for approval and has been locked for editing. I would like to query the status of the record to see if it is locked or not.

The only method I found was to go through the ProcessInstance relationship. The problem with this method is that there could be multiple ProcessInstances for each sample request (as it gets rejected, revised, and finally approved). I would have to go through all of the ProcessInstances and find the newest one, and then query it's status to determine whether the record is locked. I feel like this method is overly tedious.

Ideally there would be a field on the Sample Request object which lets me know whether a record is locked or not. But so far I haven't found anything like this.
I need some help on creating a simple s-control field that I can use to display a particular field on a page layout in red (and possibly bold). 

Thanks!