• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve the url of an s-control from a homepage component using the s-control merge field
Below is the javascript:

function showQuoteWindow()
{
        var scontrolid = "{!$SControl.TF__Online_Company_Profile}";
       alert("scontrolid : " + scontrolid);
}
It doesn't seem to resolve the s-control merge field.

I'm able to retrieve the url when the merge field is included in a s-control called from the accounts detail page.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve the url of an s-control from a homepage component using the s-control merge field
Below is the javascript:

function showQuoteWindow()
{
        var scontrolid = "{!$SControl.TF__Online_Company_Profile}";
       alert("scontrolid : " + scontrolid);
}
It doesn't seem to resolve the s-control merge field.

I'm able to retrieve the url when the merge field is included in a s-control called from the accounts detail page.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have a s-control that display records in a list and one column is a hyperlink.  When a user clicks on the hyperlink,  another s-control is invoked that executes the AJAX proxy call "sforce.connection.remoteFunction( )". 

URL for the column is "https://na5.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N700000000ugP which invokes the s-control.

An error occurs in the line "sforce.connection.remoteFunction( )" with the error message "Type Mismatch" (which can be seen when you double-click the error icon in the browser's lower right corner).  The weird thing is the same s-control works when invoked from a custom link I created in the accounts tab.

Thanks in advance.

• September 12, 2007