• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I'm looking for a way to use Workflow rules to inform the Sales managers when the opportunity of a Sales person has been open for a while, but not updated.

I see how this can be done based on the closing date of the Opp, but what about the last modified date?

For example, if an Opportunity was last modified 20 days ago, I would like the system to send out an email with a template of some sort.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Greg
  • September 26, 2007
Hello,
I have a parent object "Projects" and a child object "Sub Projects".

I was able to mass insert all of the Project records, but now I need to insert their related child records as well.

Problem is that I need to know the unique identifier code for every parent in order to link all their children records.  It's not possible to know this unique ID without first creating a child record and then exporting it through the data loader.

There must be a better way to go about this, my process seems unreasonably tedious.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I can mass insert child records to their individual parent without needing to know their unique SF ID?

Thanks for your help,

Greg.

• September 20, 2007
Hello,
I have a parent object "Projects" and a child object "Sub Projects".

I was able to mass insert all of the Project records, but now I need to insert their related child records as well.

Problem is that I need to know the unique identifier code for every parent in order to link all their children records.  It's not possible to know this unique ID without first creating a child record and then exporting it through the data loader.

There must be a better way to go about this, my process seems unreasonably tedious.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I can mass insert child records to their individual parent without needing to know their unique SF ID?

Thanks for your help,

Greg.

• September 20, 2007