• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there experts, I'm looking for a solution to the following:
I have two fields, one Next Step MEC (picklist field) and the other Next Step Date (date field). What I'm looking for is that when a change is made to the picklist value, the date must be updated too. This is not happening now.
Can anyone provide me with a formula to make sure that this happens?

Here's my current formula on the Date

AND(
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Next_Step_MEC__c, "")),
ISNULL( Next_Step_Date__c ),
RecordTypeId="xxxxxx")

I also have the following validation rules set:
Next_Step_Date If Next Step MEC contains a picklist value then Next Step Date must be entered
Stages_for_Next_Step_MEC Next Step MEC is required when stage is different from Closed Lost/Closed Won

Thanks!

Hi,

I accidentally allowed the report builder into my system. I am an administrator and have tried to find a way of deactivating this for certain users who are not HOT on this new release and are complaining that it takes more time.... New things usually doooooo...

Anybody know how I can activate and deactivate in system??

Hi All, Not really good at this and looking to the SF society for some help/tips?

I have created four different custom fields with picklist format. In the first there are names of Engineers, the second holds telephone numbers, the third fax numbers and the fourth email addressess.

What I am looking to do is to autopopulate the name of the Engineer with his/her telephone,fax and email address. Can anyone tell me how I can do this - in laymans terms pls.....

Thanks

Hello,

I hope you can help me achieve the following in Opportunities. We have managed to create a hyperlink as follows which currently allows all Salesforce users to access the data held in u:/sales documents p&s. However we wish to limit the access to certain groups or Opportunity owners or product groups and I would like to know how to achieve this?:

hyperlink("file:///u:/sales documents p&s/" & Opportunity_ID__c , "Files")

Ideally we would like to be able to have a formula for the following so that only the sales people working in a certain profile can have access to a certain folder. e.g.:

If e.g. Opportunity Owner is name, name, name, name, then he/she may have only have access to hyperlink("file:///u:/sales documents p&s/" & Opportunity_ID__c , "Files")
or if Opportunity Owner is name, name, name, name, then he/she may have only have access to hyperlink("file:///c:/quotations/" & Opportunity_ID__c , "Files")

I would greatly appreciate a speedy answer to this question as this is something we wish to implement pretty quickly.
Hi there experts, I'm looking for a solution to the following:
I have two fields, one Next Step MEC (picklist field) and the other Next Step Date (date field). What I'm looking for is that when a change is made to the picklist value, the date must be updated too. This is not happening now.
Can anyone provide me with a formula to make sure that this happens?

Here's my current formula on the Date

AND(
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Next_Step_MEC__c, "")),
ISNULL( Next_Step_Date__c ),
RecordTypeId="xxxxxx")

I also have the following validation rules set:
Next_Step_Date If Next Step MEC contains a picklist value then Next Step Date must be entered
Stages_for_Next_Step_MEC Next Step MEC is required when stage is different from Closed Lost/Closed Won

Thanks!

Hi All, Not really good at this and looking to the SF society for some help/tips?

I have created four different custom fields with picklist format. In the first there are names of Engineers, the second holds telephone numbers, the third fax numbers and the fourth email addressess.

What I am looking to do is to autopopulate the name of the Engineer with his/her telephone,fax and email address. Can anyone tell me how I can do this - in laymans terms pls.....

Thanks