• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need advice on how to test drive an Appexchange product: PR Manager for an Enterprise account.

After I click Test Drive, it loads a salesforce login page with the User Name "eval@l_prmgr.demo" filled in. But, I need a password. I thought I'd get it in email when I registered it, but it did not arrive.

Does anyone know how to get the password?

Amy
  • January 03, 2008
 I wanted to test drive PR Manager application at the Appexchange, for an Enterprise account. After I click Test Drive, it loads the salesforce login page. Puzzled, but I enter the login info. Then it takes me to the home page of my Enterprise account. Now, I'm confused. I don't see a way to try out PR Manager here. What was supposed to happen here? How do I fix  this?

Amy

• December 26, 2007
When invoking the s-control examples from the Salesfoce user guide (sf.pdf), on pages 615-619, under S-Controls that override standard buttons and tab home pages, I get only an empty page. What happened?

Can anyone clarify this?
Thank you.
Amy
  • November 18, 2007
What is the most effective way to leave feedback regarding incomplete information in Creating On-Demand Applications?
  • October 15, 2007
I'm on page 44 in the force.com Cookbook, at number 2. Inside the Eclipse package explorer I'd selected New > Other > Wizard Selection > Apex > Apex Control to create a new s-control, but upon clicking "Next" (to specify the name and label for the s-control) nothing happens.

How do I address this problem? I'd arleady restarted Eclipse (3.2.2).

Thanks.
A.
  • October 09, 2007
In the force.com Cookbook, on page 16, number 5, inside Search Results screen, instead of Force.com > Force.com Toolkit, I got only Force.com > Apex Toolkit.  Is it the same thing?

I followed the instructions 1 through 4 on pg. 16, so I'm confused why I got Apex Toolkit instead. I thought perhaps this was OK, but in the next section on page 17, "Creating a Project in Eclipse," and at number 2, in the Wizards text box, when I typed in Force.com, I got no list in the window. I also tried Apex Toolkit - stll nothing.

Any help will be appreciated. I am using Eclipse SDK 3.2.2.

Amy

p.s. I don't know if this is connected, but during installation of selected Force.com and Callisto Discovery Site options, I was prompted for password for the following three files. Not having this information, I skipped them.

AutoRefreshCallbacks
Win32Natives.h
refresh.c

Are these files essential for the Force.com Cookbook development projects?

Message Edited by AR on 10-08-2007 07:52 PM

Message Edited by AR on 10-09-2007 08:45 AM

• October 09, 2007
On page 16, in the Force.com Cookbook, under "Installing the Force.com Toolkit for Eclipse" and step 4c, I don't have Callisto Discovery Site listing in my screen. (I do have Force.com selected.) What do I need to do to get the Callisto options?  I have Eclipse SDK 3.3.1.

Any help will be appreciated.
Amy
  • October 03, 2007
On page 241 in Creating On-Demand Applications, when running "Our S-Control", a candidate mapping tool, I got only a blank page after clicking the s-control link on a Position Detail page. Has anyone run into this problem? It was the only glitch I experienced while doing all the exercises in this book, which, by the way, is one of the best tutorials I've used for any application.

Any suggestions what may be the culprit?

Amy
  • September 27, 2007
I need advice on how to test drive an Appexchange product: PR Manager for an Enterprise account.

After I click Test Drive, it loads a salesforce login page with the User Name "eval@l_prmgr.demo" filled in. But, I need a password. I thought I'd get it in email when I registered it, but it did not arrive.

Does anyone know how to get the password?

Amy
  • January 03, 2008
 I wanted to test drive PR Manager application at the Appexchange, for an Enterprise account. After I click Test Drive, it loads the salesforce login page. Puzzled, but I enter the login info. Then it takes me to the home page of my Enterprise account. Now, I'm confused. I don't see a way to try out PR Manager here. What was supposed to happen here? How do I fix  this?

Amy

• December 26, 2007
What is the most effective way to leave feedback regarding incomplete information in Creating On-Demand Applications?
  • October 15, 2007
I'm on page 44 in the force.com Cookbook, at number 2. Inside the Eclipse package explorer I'd selected New > Other > Wizard Selection > Apex > Apex Control to create a new s-control, but upon clicking "Next" (to specify the name and label for the s-control) nothing happens.

How do I address this problem? I'd arleady restarted Eclipse (3.2.2).

Thanks.
A.
  • October 09, 2007
In the force.com Cookbook, on page 16, number 5, inside Search Results screen, instead of Force.com > Force.com Toolkit, I got only Force.com > Apex Toolkit.  Is it the same thing?

I followed the instructions 1 through 4 on pg. 16, so I'm confused why I got Apex Toolkit instead. I thought perhaps this was OK, but in the next section on page 17, "Creating a Project in Eclipse," and at number 2, in the Wizards text box, when I typed in Force.com, I got no list in the window. I also tried Apex Toolkit - stll nothing.

Any help will be appreciated. I am using Eclipse SDK 3.2.2.

Amy

p.s. I don't know if this is connected, but during installation of selected Force.com and Callisto Discovery Site options, I was prompted for password for the following three files. Not having this information, I skipped them.

AutoRefreshCallbacks
Win32Natives.h
refresh.c

Are these files essential for the Force.com Cookbook development projects?

Message Edited by AR on 10-08-2007 07:52 PM

Message Edited by AR on 10-09-2007 08:45 AM

• October 09, 2007
On page 16, in the Force.com Cookbook, under "Installing the Force.com Toolkit for Eclipse" and step 4c, I don't have Callisto Discovery Site listing in my screen. (I do have Force.com selected.) What do I need to do to get the Callisto options?  I have Eclipse SDK 3.3.1.

Any help will be appreciated.
Amy
  • October 03, 2007
Hi,

I'm new to Salesforce, so I was going through the Salesforce Creating On Demand Apps book.  Everything was working fine until I tried to implement the Yahoo Maps custom S-Control in chapter 10.  I copied and pasted the code from the downloaded Candidates Map file, so there are no typos on my part.  Then, I created my custom link (as instructed) and added it to the Position tab's page layout.  The custom link shows up on my Position details page fine.  However, when I click on it, the page simply blanks out.  The map doesn't show up. 

Is there anything else that I needed to do to get this to work?  Do I need to download any other tools or anything not mentioned in the Creating On Demand Apps book?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
  • September 27, 2007
On page 241 in Creating On-Demand Applications, when running "Our S-Control", a candidate mapping tool, I got only a blank page after clicking the s-control link on a Position Detail page. Has anyone run into this problem? It was the only glitch I experienced while doing all the exercises in this book, which, by the way, is one of the best tutorials I've used for any application.

Any suggestions what may be the culprit?

Amy
  • September 27, 2007