• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
    Hi everyone, I am fairly new to apex language.  I am trying to create a simple script that will create a new Opportunity (Renewal) if the Stage = "closed/won".  So, if an Opportunity Stage = "closed/won" create a new Opportunity, and duplicate any required fields and save the new record.  The trigger would also need to be dependent on Record Type because we have many other divisions using other Page Layouts or by Role. 

I have a hard time programming from scratch, especially on code that I have never written before.  Does anyone have examples of something like this?  Thanks

Message Edited by jk51141 on 05-06-2008 06:37 AM
    Hi everyone, I am fairly new to apex language.  I am trying to create a simple script that will create a new Opportunity (Renewal) if the Stage = "closed/won".  So, if an Opportunity Stage = "closed/won" create a new Opportunity, and duplicate any required fields and save the new record.  The trigger would also need to be dependent on Record Type because we have many other divisions using other Page Layouts or by Role. 

I have a hard time programming from scratch, especially on code that I have never written before.  Does anyone have examples of something like this?  Thanks

Message Edited by jk51141 on 05-06-2008 06:37 AM