• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all -

I've been working today on a simple PHP page that will record a user's response in a form and update a corresponding field on their account. I'm getting a success message from my update() code when I print_r, but I'm not actually seeing any updated information in my accounts. The code I have is as follows:

Code:
$prop = addslashes($_GET['prop']);
$rank = $_POST['NPS'];

$nps = new sObject();
$nps->type = 'Account';
$nps->Id = $prop;
$nps->fields = array('NPS_2__c' => '$rank', 'NPS_2_Date__c' => 'DATE');

print_r($mySforceConnection->update($nps)); 
echo "Thank you for your response. Your information has been submitted.";

The ID is a known field that will be a passed variable in the URL. When the page is accessed and the form is submitted, I get the following print message:

stdClass Object ( [id] => 0017000000NoRVFAA3 [success] => 1 ) Thank you for your response. Your information has been submitted.

However, like I said, if I check the fields in the sObject on the Account page, they have not been updated. I know it's got to be something simple I'm overlooking, but it's Monday of course. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Travis Vignon

• September 29, 2008
Hello,

I am working on implementing Email2case. I've got it working just fine, but I am wondering if there is a way that I can disable the automatic creation of a new task. I simply want a case to open up, but I will use workflows to determine who the task is assigned to.

Thanks for your help!

Travis
Hi all. Brand new to SF. Just implemented it yesterday and went through a brief crash course. Today I'm trying to get some email templates set up that will notify proper departments when certain things take place in relation to cases.  I've got the workflow set up so that it properly emails, but here is my problem with my email template. I have it written like this:

Code:
This is to inform you of a {!Case.Reason} activation completed by {!Case.CreatedBy}.

Case:              {!Case.CaseNumber}
Account:           {!Case.Account}
Street Address:    {!Account.BillingAddress}
City/State/Zip:    {!Account.BillingCity}, {!Account.BillingState} {!Account.BillingPostalCode}
PrinterOn Account: {!NullValue(Account.PrinterOn__c, "N/A")}
PrinterOn URL:     {!NullValue(Account.PrinterOn_URL__c, "N/A")}

Description:

{!Case.Description}

When the email is populated, the case information is there, but anything Account related is blank. How can I set the template to associate the Account merge fields with the Case fields? I want the account info to be based off of the related case. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by tvignon on 12-14-2007 10:43 AM
Hi all -

I've been working today on a simple PHP page that will record a user's response in a form and update a corresponding field on their account. I'm getting a success message from my update() code when I print_r, but I'm not actually seeing any updated information in my accounts. The code I have is as follows:

Code:
$prop = addslashes($_GET['prop']);
$rank = $_POST['NPS'];

$nps = new sObject();
$nps->type = 'Account';
$nps->Id = $prop;
$nps->fields = array('NPS_2__c' => '$rank', 'NPS_2_Date__c' => 'DATE');

print_r($mySforceConnection->update($nps)); 
echo "Thank you for your response. Your information has been submitted.";

The ID is a known field that will be a passed variable in the URL. When the page is accessed and the form is submitted, I get the following print message:

stdClass Object ( [id] => 0017000000NoRVFAA3 [success] => 1 ) Thank you for your response. Your information has been submitted.

However, like I said, if I check the fields in the sObject on the Account page, they have not been updated. I know it's got to be something simple I'm overlooking, but it's Monday of course. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Travis Vignon

• September 29, 2008