• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
It looks like there are very few peoples working on mail merge. For my last post also no one did reply.
I hope this time some one would reply.
I am designing a mail merge template based on a custom object called 'Quote'.
I am being able to provide correct merge field name for Quote's field, but I am having tough time when it comes to related field.
Lets say I want to use merge field for Quote's owner email id. There is a lookup field on Quote called 'Owner'.
Now I need to know how should be the merge field for getting owner email id. If we need to get owner name then we can do
as follows.
'Quote_Owner'.
If we generate document based on this template we will get owner name in place of merge field.

And one more issue I have. I want to display related list data.
I couldnt find much help on this anywhere else.
It would be great if some one can help me in this regard.
I just want to know that what is the standard used for giving name for merged field for differenet types of sfdc object fields.
Thanks.
Deepak
It looks like there are very few peoples working on mail merge. For my last post also no one did reply.
I hope this time some one would reply.
I am designing a mail merge template based on a custom object called 'Quote'.
I am being able to provide correct merge field name for Quote's field, but I am having tough time when it comes to related field.
Lets say I want to use merge field for Quote's owner email id. There is a lookup field on Quote called 'Owner'.
Now I need to know how should be the merge field for getting owner email id. If we need to get owner name then we can do
as follows.
'Quote_Owner'.
If we generate document based on this template we will get owner name in place of merge field.

And one more issue I have. I want to display related list data.
I couldnt find much help on this anywhere else.
It would be great if some one can help me in this regard.
I just want to know that what is the standard used for giving name for merged field for differenet types of sfdc object fields.
Thanks.
Deepak
Hi,
Actually I am using a template based word doc( mail merge ). And I am trying to generate a doc based on Account record but the document is
being generated with empty merge fields. I am using standard field name for merge field in template doc. I guess there is some issue with the field names I am using for merge field in template doc.
For eg to put Account name the merge field is some thing as follows
{{Name}}.
It would be great if someone can help me in this regard.
I hav gone through the help doc but I couldnt find anything much from that.
Thx.
Deepak
Hi All,
I have a record and I want to generate a document based on that record using mail merge. I have uploaded a word template in sfdc.
Now what i want, when user clicks on a particular button provided in my scontrol it needs to generate a document based on the template uplaoded in sfdc. In short i want to do the same action what sfdc is doing when some one clicks on mail merge button provided in record detail page.
Is it possible?
thx in advance.
Deepak.
Hi,
Actually i want use applet in my scontrol.
Can anyone tell me how can i do that. I mean where should i put the class files and what should be the codebase value
for applet tag in HTML.
thx in advance.
Deepak.
can some one plz tell me why i am getting this error in my s-control
Error: Formula cannot use another formula field that directly or indirectly refers to itself. $SControl.Edit_Activity -> $SControl.Search_Activity -> $SControl.Edit_Activity
Thx.
Deepak
I am hard time to write a SOQL for a particular requirement. I need to find parent records based on child record value. We can include child record field in select clause using sub query but i need to know how can use in where clause.
For example i need to get product based on opportunity name from product object.
Thx and regards,
Deepak.
I am new to s-control. Actually i want to know is there any guide or online documentation where where we can find all the available function we can use in s-control. Like we have sfdc API document which we can use with java or any other language. I remember when in initial stage of s-control there was complete online documentation for s-contol, where we can find all the available functions with each object like DynaBean.
I found there is a small guide on s-control but that doesnt include complete specification.
Thx.
Deepak
I am trying to apply style to field label and field data in a s-control. Its getting applied but i am not getting exactly same look and feel as salesforce. I have included sfdc style sheets and i have applied the right class also but it looks like i am missing some thing. here is the small snippet.

It would be grt if someone can guide me if i am missing anything else. Thx. Deepak.
Hi,
Actually I am using a template based word doc( mail merge ). And I am trying to generate a doc based on Account record but the document is
being generated with empty merge fields. I am using standard field name for merge field in template doc. I guess there is some issue with the field names I am using for merge field in template doc.
For eg to put Account name the merge field is some thing as follows
{{Name}}.
I hav gone through the help doc but I couldnt find anything much from that.
Thx.
Deepak
Hi,
Actually i want use applet in my scontrol.
Can anyone tell me how can i do that. I mean where should i put the class files and what should be the codebase value
for applet tag in HTML.
thx in advance.
Deepak.
getting error message s-force  is undefined .can u give ur comments
How to create a connection and query the result
I am new to s-control. Actually i want to know is there any guide or online documentation where where we can find all the available function we can use in s-control. Like we have sfdc API document which we can use with java or any other language. I remember when in initial stage of s-control there was complete online documentation for s-contol, where we can find all the available functions with each object like DynaBean.
I found there is a small guide on s-control but that doesnt include complete specification.
Thx.
Deepak
I am trying to apply style to field label and field data in a s-control. Its getting applied but i am not getting exactly same look and feel as salesforce. I have included sfdc style sheets and i have applied the right class also but it looks like i am missing some thing. here is the small snippet.

It would be grt if someone can guide me if i am missing anything else. Thx. Deepak.
How do you upload a binary file (i.e. Word document or pdf file) on the user's desktop to salesforce as an attachment inside an scontrol?  Is base64 encoding even necessary? I tried this (encoding using a C# COM object method installed on the client) and it didn't work even though I know the same encoding algorithm works perfectly using the Office Toolkit when uploading the file as an attachment.  Here is the code in my scontrol that creates an attachment, but the content is now what I expected.  Can anyone please help?

Message Edited by gsickal on 05-11-2006 04:53 PM