• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I want to send outbound emails whose reply to address is the email address generated by Force.com Email Services.
When recipients reply, I want to process these reply mails with my apex class.
However, if I set the address generated by Force.com Email Services as replyTo, sendEmail method fails.
The error message is as follows.

SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid replyTo address : (the mail address genereated by Force.com Email Services)

Why is the address of Force.com Email Services invalid?
Hello.

I'm trying to process inbound emails with apex code.
I generated Email Services Domain, and made very simple apex class. (api version is 11.1)

global class MailTest {
        Webservice static Messaging.InboundEmailResult test(Messaging.InboundEmail email) {
            Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailResult();
            result.success = true;
            return result;
        }
}

I sent emails to the generated email address from my company's mail server and gmail, but these emails returned with error.
The content of returned email is

-------------------------------------------------

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> MailTest.test@(generated domain).in.salesforce.com (reading confirmation): 554 Not a valid address

------ This is a copy of the original message, including all headers. ------

Return-Path: <(my email address)>
Authentication-Results: mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com smtp.mail=(my email address); spf=pass; sender-id=pass
Authentication-Results: mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com header.from=(my email address); sender-id=pass; domainkeys=good
X-SFDC-DOMAINKEYS: Pass
DomainKey-Status: good
X-DomainKeys: Ecelerity dk_validate implementing draft-delany-domainkeys-base-01
Received-SPF: pass (mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com: domain gmail.com designates 64.233.182.191 as permitted sender)
X-SFDC-TLS-VERIFIED: no
X-SFDC-TLS-CIPHER: None
X-SFDC-TLS-STATUS: false
X-SFDC-SENDERID-PRA: Pass
X-SFDC-SENDERID: Pass
X-SFDC-SPF: Pass
X-SFDC-Interface: external

Any ideas on cause of this problem?
Hi,

I want to send outbound emails whose reply to address is the email address generated by Force.com Email Services.
When recipients reply, I want to process these reply mails with my apex class.
However, if I set the address generated by Force.com Email Services as replyTo, sendEmail method fails.
The error message is as follows.

SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid replyTo address : (the mail address genereated by Force.com Email Services)

Why is the address of Force.com Email Services invalid?
Hello.

I'm trying to process inbound emails with apex code.
I generated Email Services Domain, and made very simple apex class. (api version is 11.1)

global class MailTest {
        Webservice static Messaging.InboundEmailResult test(Messaging.InboundEmail email) {
            Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailResult();
            result.success = true;
            return result;
        }
}

I sent emails to the generated email address from my company's mail server and gmail, but these emails returned with error.
The content of returned email is

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> MailTest.test@(generated domain).in.salesforce.com (reading confirmation): 554 Not a valid address

------ This is a copy of the original message, including all headers. ------

Return-Path: <(my email address)>
Authentication-Results: mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com smtp.mail=(my email address); spf=pass; sender-id=pass
Authentication-Results: mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com header.from=(my email address); sender-id=pass; domainkeys=good
X-SFDC-DOMAINKEYS: Pass
DomainKey-Status: good
X-DomainKeys: Ecelerity dk_validate implementing draft-delany-domainkeys-base-01
Received-SPF: pass (mx4-sjl.mta.salesforce.com: domain gmail.com designates 64.233.182.191 as permitted sender)
X-SFDC-TLS-VERIFIED: no
X-SFDC-TLS-CIPHER: None
X-SFDC-TLS-STATUS: false
X-SFDC-SENDERID-PRA: Pass
X-SFDC-SENDERID: Pass
X-SFDC-SPF: Pass
X-SFDC-Interface: external

Any ideas on cause of this problem?