• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can we embed the https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js within a lightning component? Any best practices around implementing this would be helpful.
  • November 01, 2017
I wanted to create a validation rule with regex to not allow any A-Z a-z in a text area field. I tried multiple occurrences they seem to work only for the first set of characters.
 Any help is appreciated.
  • February 06, 2017

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to take a weekly backup of the salesforce.com Content docs.

I learnt that its not possible through Data Loader, What are the various better ways in which we can export the Contents from Salesforce.com. 

Thanks.

• November 15, 2010

Hi,

We have a requirement of Grouping of Accounts.i.e. Collate certain Accounts to a single group. Fundo is that,one Account may belong to multiple groups and one group will obviously have multiple accounts.

And I should be able to run reports based on this Account Groups/Assign tasks etc.

We tried Tags, but it doesnt meet the entire requirement, if any of you can provide a better Solution than Tags it would be helpful.

• July 15, 2009

Hi,

We have a problem in sending notification Emails.

Whenever a Notification Mail  arrives from Salesforce, our Outlook considers them as a Junk Email.

But this is not the Case for all the Users. 

Do we have any way to, consider that these are valid Emails and can be sent to Inbox. 

Thank you for your help. 

• July 03, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement of updating 500,000 records within Salesforce. (When I modify a record in Object: A, all the Object: B records should be modified).

Can you suggest a better approach so that I am not hitting the governor limit in Apex.

Any pointers would help me to start with.

Thanks. 

• April 22, 2009

Hi,

I have created a table in VF page(rendered as PDF),  where it displays certain records with header info.

I am not able to fix the length of the Column in a static manner.

<apex:column width="200px">

<apex:facet name="header"><b>{!$ObjectType.account.fields.Customer_Rating__c.label}</b></apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!accounts.Customer_Rating__c }" styleClass="title"/>

</apex:column> 

Here even if I mention the width as 200px, the header should be limited to 200 only and not being increased since the retrieved label is more than 200.

If the retrieved header is more than 200, it should display in the next line. 

Any kind of pointers would really help me.

Thanks 

• April 06, 2009
Hi,
Got stuck-up in a Semi-join query which is not working !
I have written  a query to select all the users under a Manager.I am not getting the output for this query, im getting an exception.

Code:
var users=sforce.connection.query("select FirstName,LastName from User where UserRoleId IN (Select Id from UserRole where ParentRoleId='00E20000000iMZD')");

Any pointers on this would help.
  • November 25, 2008
Hi,
We have enabled Territory Management in our Org. We are experiencing a strange Data accessibility.We had given View access in our Territory structure for all Accounts. Two specific Users, are having Read/write access to the Opportunies which are shared in Read only mode.
The reason displayed in the Sharing section of Opportunity Record was "Opportunity Territory Manager". 
But these two Users are not the Managers of any one in the Role hierarchy. And in Territories, the data sharing is View only. How to overcome this,so that they can only view or where might be the fault. Any pointers would help.

UG
  • October 11, 2008
Hi,
In Salesforce Offline Edition, the Users in French are not able to create an Event, due to an Error in the Date format.They are getting the message like "Invalid Date".This problem is only with the French Users.
Their User settings,
Locale-French(Switzerland)
Language-French

We tried modifying the Locale only  to French, but it was'nt working for them.
Any pointers in this type of error, would be appreciated greatly
  • August 25, 2008
Hi,
In approval process, is there any check or method to restrict the Record submission for approval only to the Role hierarchies, above the Submitters Role.
Eg. A manager must not be able to submit his Record to a Sales Rep.

Gani
  • August 12, 2008
Hi,
I am writing  a simple trigger, to replace 3 blank lines with 1 in the Description field.This Trigger is working fine in the Browser but not through Data Loader.Any Pointers on this.

Code:
trigger deletelines on Case (before insert,before update) {
  for(Case objCase:Trigger.new){
     if(objCase.RecordtypeId=='012200000004ajC'){          
        objCase.Description=objCase.Description.replace('\r\n\r\n\r\n','\r\n');
     }  
  }
}

Gani
  • August 11, 2008
Hi,
We have a trigger written for processing in Case.
(Background: Case is linked with Accounts and an Account has many SAP Partner Role(Custom Object) )

Whenever a Case is Saved with an Account , it must search for SAP Partner Roles Object linked to theAccount and Update if the Account has one SAP Partner and Display an error if it has more than one SAP Partner Roles.
We are not able to eliminate the Nested for loop.Any pointers of how we can proceed to remove the Nested for loop.

Trigger SoldTo on Case(before insert,before update){
Set<Id> accountIds = new Set<Id>();
for(Case obc:Trigger.new) {
 accountIds.add(obc.AccountId);  
}
List<SAP_Partner_Roles__c> entries = new List<SAP_Partner_Roles__c>([select Id,Customer_Site__c from SAP_Partner_Roles__c where Customer_Site__c in :accountIds and SAP_Partner_Role__c='SP']);
for(Case obc:Trigger.new) {
Integer i = 0;
Id temp = null;
for(SAP_Partner_Roles__c spr: entries)
{
 if(spr.Customer_Site__c == obc.AccountId)
   { i = i + 1;
     temp = spr.Id;
   }   
}  
 if(obc.SAP_Partner_Roles__c==null)
  {
            if(i>1)
              obc.addError('There are ' +i+ ' Sold To\'s for this Account Partners, Select the right Sold To Information');
            else if(i==1)
              obc.SAP_Partner_Roles__c= temp;
  }
}
}

• August 11, 2008
Hi,
I am trying to update the Opportunity Line Items with two Custom field values. When one Opportunity has multiple Products, I need to update all the Products with the two Custom fields. I am updating inside a for loop , it works fine. But I am not able to update all the line Items in a Single go outside the for loop, so that one time update would happen.

Snippet:

for(var i =0;i<records2.length;i++)

var c= new sforce.SObject("OpportunityLineItem");
c.Id=records2[i].Id;
c.Amount_On_First_Year__c=amountyear;
c.Quantity_on__c=quantyear;
result2= sforce.connection.update([c]);

if (result2[0].getBoolean("success")) {
count++;
}
}

Is there anyway to Update all the Records outside the for loop, any pointers would help.

Gani
  • August 01, 2008
Hi,
We have a requirement where to trim the unwanted lines in a Description field. Is it possible through Triggers.
Any kind of pointers would be appreciated.

Example:

Platform-as-a-Service enables developers to create and deliver any kind of business application, entirely on-demand The Salesforce Foundation was created through our unique 1/1/1 integrated philanthropy model: 1% time, 1% product, and 1%

equity. We call this global vision the power of us. More than 4,000 nonprofits including hundreds of educational institutions participate in the Salesforce CRM product donation and discount program.

must be modified to,

Platform-as-a-Service enables developers to create and deliver any kind of business application, entirely on-demand The Salesforce Foundation was created through our unique 1/1/1 integrated philanthropy model: 1% time, 1% product, and 1%
equity. We call this global vision the power of us. More than 4,000 nonprofits including hundreds of educational institutions participate in the Salesforce CRM product donation and discount program

without any unwanted lined.

Thanks
Gani
  • July 22, 2008
Hi,
We have written an S-control to ensure that Cases are not Closed until they have an Open task or event.
In that Process, We are trying to query the details of the Case ID,Task Status and Event  Date/Time, in a Single Nested Query.
The Query is getting executed , but the difficulty is that I am not able to get the Values of Task or Event. However I can access the Case ID.

Here is the Nested Query:

var result=sforce.connection.query("select id,(select id,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime from events),(select id,Status from tasks) from case where id='{!Case.Id}' ");

Kindly let me know,like how to fetch the Individual values.

Gani

• July 16, 2008
Hi ,

I am using Java interfaces to create Accounts from the database tables to Salesforce.But my interface terminates if special  characters occur in the data.These special characters include ' (apostophe),\ ,# and a box-like character.
When the program encounters such special characters,it terminates due to unhandled exception.

Could anyone please help me on how to handle such special characters?.Or is it possible to replace these special character with some other special character.

Thanks & Regards,
Gani
  • May 06, 2008
Hi all,
We need to create a Formula field based on the Postal Code which the User Enters.
Eg.If a User enters pincode=32700 ,the formula field must automatically populate the Region of the pincode.

This works only for limited Regions because we are not able to write the code for all the Pincodes.(Salesforce supports 5000 characters)

Code:
IF(
OR(AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=31000,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=31199),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=32700,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=32839),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=33000,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=33189),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=37000,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=37199),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=37400,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=37449),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=37500,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=37699),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=38000,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=38179),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=38200,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=38388),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=38400,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=38479),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=38600,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=38729),
AND(VALUE(Postal_Code__c)>=38840,VALUE(Postal_Code__c)<=38879)
),"Central Region","Not available"
)

Similarly we need to do it for Other Regions also

Any alternatives to implement this would be useful to us

Regards
Gani
  • March 27, 2008
Hi,
We are currently working on Territory Hierarchy for our Customer.
We have Account assignment Rules, having more than 10 filters which Salesforce is not supporting.We found that the Assignment Rules are not working when we have two or more Rules for a Territory.

Eg.  (Pincode >50 and Pincode <100) or (Pincode >185 and Pincode <200) and so on.

Any pointers in this issue would definitely help us.

Thanks
Gani

• March 14, 2008
Hi,
I am working on "Salesforce to Salesforce"(Winter 08 release). Can we mass transfer records between two Editions using this feature. i.e Seeing all the Accounts of my Partner Company

Thanks
Gani
  • February 12, 2008
I wanted to create a validation rule with regex to not allow any A-Z a-z in a text area field. I tried multiple occurrences they seem to work only for the first set of characters.
 Any help is appreciated.
  • February 06, 2017
I am begining to learn about the lightning Commuity builder, and i need to add a twitter timeline in community page, i have already the Twitter timeline component, but i don't know how to add it, so it appears in the community page once it's published.

Thank you

Hi,

We have a requirement of Grouping of Accounts.i.e. Collate certain Accounts to a single group. Fundo is that,one Account may belong to multiple groups and one group will obviously have multiple accounts.

And I should be able to run reports based on this Account Groups/Assign tasks etc.

We tried Tags, but it doesnt meet the entire requirement, if any of you can provide a better Solution than Tags it would be helpful.

• July 15, 2009
Hi,
Got stuck-up in a Semi-join query which is not working !
I have written  a query to select all the users under a Manager.I am not getting the output for this query, im getting an exception.

Code:
var users=sforce.connection.query("select FirstName,LastName from User where UserRoleId IN (Select Id from UserRole where ParentRoleId='00E20000000iMZD')");

Any pointers on this would help.
  • November 25, 2008
Hi,
I am writing  a simple trigger, to replace 3 blank lines with 1 in the Description field.This Trigger is working fine in the Browser but not through Data Loader.Any Pointers on this.

Code:
trigger deletelines on Case (before insert,before update) {
  for(Case objCase:Trigger.new){
     if(objCase.RecordtypeId=='012200000004ajC'){          
        objCase.Description=objCase.Description.replace('\r\n\r\n\r\n','\r\n');
     }  
  }
}

Gani
  • August 11, 2008
Hi,
I am trying to update the Opportunity Line Items with two Custom field values. When one Opportunity has multiple Products, I need to update all the Products with the two Custom fields. I am updating inside a for loop , it works fine. But I am not able to update all the line Items in a Single go outside the for loop, so that one time update would happen.

Snippet:

for(var i =0;i<records2.length;i++)

var c= new sforce.SObject("OpportunityLineItem");
c.Id=records2[i].Id;
c.Amount_On_First_Year__c=amountyear;
c.Quantity_on__c=quantyear;
result2= sforce.connection.update([c]);

if (result2[0].getBoolean("success")) {
count++;
}
}

Is there anyway to Update all the Records outside the for loop, any pointers would help.

Gani
  • August 01, 2008
Hi,
I am working on "Salesforce to Salesforce"(Winter 08 release). Can we mass transfer records between two Editions using this feature. i.e Seeing all the Accounts of my Partner Company

Thanks
Gani
  • February 12, 2008
Hi,
When we try to Load,  Activity - Date/time field, we are not getting the exact date/time as in the Excel sheet.
We tried using the formats -  2006-9-19T0:00:00.000GMT+hh:mm, and found that out of 500 records 450 are loaded correctly ,the rest are lagging by 1 hour. They are all assigned to Users having same timezone. Is there Any problem in the batch size ?
Any  Solution/tips on this would help us...

Thanks
Gani
2006-9-19T0:00:00.000GMT+02:00
  • February 12, 2008
Hello.  I have an scontrol which is launched by pressing a button on a contact detail page.  The scontrol creates a new record, attaches it to the contact, and directs the user to the detail page of the new record.  Recently, a user pressed the scontrol button, then wanted to go back to the contact - so he/she pressed the browser's Back button.  This launched the scontrol again and created another new record.  Is there any way to prevent this?

My only thought is to have the scontrol launch in a new browser - so there would be no page for that browser to go back to.  But I would like to keep the current settings if possible.

Thanks
Chris
  • February 08, 2008