• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We use the excel connector as the tool for up loading our price lists into salesforce for quoting purposes.  On a couple of ocassions I have found errors in the prices and have tried to correct them in the excel connector price book and then try to re-upload them into sales force....unfortunately I have been unsuccessful.

What as happened is I try to change our Price Book Entry ID from the code assigned it by sales force to NEW
Then I try to go to "insert selected rows" in the Ad ins for excel connector

After it is done doing that I get a message stating "Insert Row failed. This price definition already exsists in price book"

There has to be a way to update a price book when errors are found or prices increase.  Does anyone know how to do this?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Thanks,
Andrew
  • February 23, 2008
We use the excel connector as the tool for up loading our price lists into salesforce for quoting purposes.  On a couple of ocassions I have found errors in the prices and have tried to correct them in the excel connector price book and then try to re-upload them into sales force....unfortunately I have been unsuccessful.

What as happened is I try to change our Price Book Entry ID from the code assigned it by sales force to NEW
Then I try to go to "insert selected rows" in the Ad ins for excel connector

After it is done doing that I get a message stating "Insert Row failed. This price definition already exsists in price book"

There has to be a way to update a price book when errors are found or prices increase.  Does anyone know how to do this?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Thanks,
Andrew
  • February 23, 2008