• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI,

Any help is much appreciated.  I am trying to find ways to force users to add at least one Contact when an Account is created.  I have spent hours looking at other posts requesting similar code, but don't know enough to put it all together for this particular request.  Is there a way (Trigger or S-control or what) that will take users to the Contact Edit page after creating a New Account? In addition it would be nice to do this at the Opportunity level as well with making sure Contact roles are associated with an Opportunity.

Thanks!

Liz

HI,

Any help is much appreciated.  I am trying to find ways to force users to add at least one Contact when an Account is created.  I have spent hours looking at other posts requesting similar code, but don't know enough to put it all together for this particular request.  Is there a way (Trigger or S-control or what) that will take users to the Contact Edit page after creating a New Account? In addition it would be nice to do this at the Opportunity level as well with making sure Contact roles are associated with an Opportunity.

Thanks!

Liz

Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008
Hello,

Professional version with API

We have a custom button with exec javascript that validates a series of fields based on the user´s role before they can submit the Opp for approval by their Sales Mananger. All the standard validation works great and has been easy to access and program however I cannot figure out how to access the Opportunity Contact Role object from the native options within Salesforce to validate that a Role has been chosen, the Primary has been set, etc . . .

Futhermore there is no way create any valildation rules on the Opportunity Contact Role field directly or indirectly. For example if I wanted to create a validation rule on the Stage field that checks to see that the "Primary" contact has been chosen from all the contacts on the Opportunity Contact Role object when the Stage has been set to "Sold" there is no way to query the checkbox value on the "Primary" field.

What we want to accomplish is that no Sales Order goes forward without the "roles" of all the Opportunity Contact Roles being define and without a "Primary" chosen from all the contacts.

Does anyone have any ideas how this can be done?

thanks, crmzepher