• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way of deactivating the whole Price Book?  As you would appreciate to deactivate the individual product price netry is a "nightmare" in itself.  Thus I am trying to find a quicker way to deactivate the whole Price Book rather than deleting it. Please help.

When you try to delete a product or price book that is used on an opportunity or quote, Salesforce.com displays a list of the opportunities or quotes using it. If you are deleting a price book, you have to go to each opportunity or quote listed and remove the price book from them. If you are deleting a product, you have to remove the product from every opportunity and quote that uses it. Then, delete the price book or product and it will be stored in the Recycle Bin temporarily, during which time, you can recover it and all its related price book entries.

Well, this is going to be a "nightmare" as we already have Opportunities that are using the products and price books.

That is why deactivating is the best way of doing it (as per recomendation).

James(NewbieOne)

I would like to hear from anyone in the SF community who has come across the situation where changes are required to be made to the different Price Books in their organisation in the midst of any period. At the same time there are lots of other opportunities have been created based on the older Price Books.  In my case, the changes that are to be made varies from price changes to reducing the number of price books.

How did you go about it?

We have a situation where the old price books will need to be "switched off" and new ones created for the different software products that we sell. We are an international company wth dealings in the different regions - Europe (where opportunities are in Euro); America (US Dollars), UK (British Pound)

1. Obviously you would back up the current prices and decide what should happen to the legacy opportunities in terms of the products and price books that has been added to the legacy opportunities.  What method/tools did you use or what is the best practice?

2. How do you globally deactivate the price books itself without individually deactivating the products within the price book?  I have read somewhere that it is best to "deactivate" the price books rather than deleting or archiving the price books as each of the options causes certain things to happen to the price books/product prices.    

3.  Based on the international scenario, would you consider setting up various Price Book to cater for the individual region prices?  Or would it be suffice if another Standard Price Book is cloned and all the different currencies is catered for in the one Standard Price Book. How have you done it - whether it is based on experience or even comments from SF.com Premier Support team.

4.  What is the best way to create all the different prices for the different products without manually entering them through the SF interface? I have read soemwhere about Data Loader. Do you have any links/instructions as to how to do it?

Phew!

Hopefully I haven't lost any of you readers and those who are keen to know as well.

James (NewbieOne)