• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My problem is this.
On opportunities I do not want our salespeople to be able to move the stage field to “close/lost “ unless they have filled out a field that identifies which competitior got the sale.

To identify that we have lost the sale in the stage field I am using the ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Lost ") and then I also need to validate that a custom field (lookup on which competitor) is not empty. Eg. they need to fill this field if stage moves to "lost".

Can anyone tell me how I can do this?
  • May 19, 2008
My problem is this.
On opportunities I do not want our salespeople to be able to move the stage field to “close/lost “ unless they have filled out a field that identifies which competitior got the sale.

To identify that we have lost the sale in the stage field I am using the ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Lost ") and then I also need to validate that a custom field (lookup on which competitor) is not empty. Eg. they need to fill this field if stage moves to "lost".

Can anyone tell me how I can do this?
  • May 19, 2008
I have written an S Control that will calculate the Gross Margin of an opportunity from cost values for each of the products.

It can be downloaded from the appexchange here:

Feedback would be welcomed.

Warren