• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are looking at creating a workflow/formula where based on a zip code, a contact's board membership would be automatically populated (i.e., if a contact lives in the 90071-90075 range, they would be assigned to the "Downtown Los Angeles" board. Similarly, if a contact moves out of that zip range, they would be unassigned from the "Downtown Los Angeles" board.) We planned on using a custom picklist field for board membership.

I assume this can be achieved using either workflow or a formula field, but I'm not sure which would work best (and would be the easiest to build).

Thanks!
Hello,

I'm trying to create an if...then function based on the following:

- If EMAIL is blank, move EMAIL2 to NEW FIELD
- If EMAIL and EMAIL2 are blank, move EMAILFWDADDRESS to NEW FIELD

I've gotten the two forumlas to work separately but can't figure out how to combine them into one long formula.

IF( LEN (Email) =0 ,  Email_2__c , Email)

IF(AND (LEN (Email)=0, LEN (Email_2__c)=0), emailfwdaddress__c , Email)

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!
We are looking at creating a workflow/formula where based on a zip code, a contact's board membership would be automatically populated (i.e., if a contact lives in the 90071-90075 range, they would be assigned to the "Downtown Los Angeles" board. Similarly, if a contact moves out of that zip range, they would be unassigned from the "Downtown Los Angeles" board.) We planned on using a custom picklist field for board membership.

I assume this can be achieved using either workflow or a formula field, but I'm not sure which would work best (and would be the easiest to build).

Thanks!
Hello,

I'm trying to create an if...then function based on the following:

- If EMAIL is blank, move EMAIL2 to NEW FIELD
- If EMAIL and EMAIL2 are blank, move EMAILFWDADDRESS to NEW FIELD

I've gotten the two forumlas to work separately but can't figure out how to combine them into one long formula.

IF( LEN (Email) =0 ,  Email_2__c , Email)

IF(AND (LEN (Email)=0, LEN (Email_2__c)=0), emailfwdaddress__c , Email)

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!
I have created a custom object (tab) that has the following fields: Account Name (look up), Sales Executive, Account Manager, and TAM. These field are also listed in the Account record. Is it possible to have the data for the Sales Executive, Account Manager, and TAM fields auto populated in the custom object based on the account that is selected in the Account Name field?

Thanks

Shannon