• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to get some help from a developer to write some code for a project that I have been working on. Below are more details. It is kind of a big project so please do not hesitate to email with questions.

Some background:

I was tasked with entering and tracking a project tracking spreadsheet (excel) in Salesforce. This document is what our launch team currently uses to track projects. The tasks are static across projects. The Launch team (Implementation Team)wanted to track their projects just like they did in excel but they wanted the added benefit of automation and visibility which Salesforce can provide. The challenge is that most of the task owners are not users. The visibility is really an added benefit for the people that are users right now. Once the other teams see the benefit of using Salesforce, hopefully they will become users and get even more benefit.

What I have done:

I’ve created a custom object called Project Implementation Tracker off of the Opportunity Object. This object holds information about a project and it allows the project manager to identify all the SMEs from their respective departments in multi select pick list fields.

There is a checkbox field that says, “Assign New Program Implementation Tasks”. Once the project manager checks this box and clicks save, a workflow rule will create the tasks listed in the Implementation Tracker. This will automatically create a tracker  (Once I run a report). I have assigned all the tasks to myself because the SMEs are not users.

I’ve created a separate workflow rule that will send an email out to the SMEs listed explaining that they have been assigned tasks and listing them. (Based on department)

I know that the field Assigned to on the task object requires a user license so I created a new field called GPI Assigned User on the Task Object.

I’ve changed the Priority field to show departments instead of priority because there are only so many fields that you can modify when you are creating tasks for a workflow rules. 

I’ve created a new field called GPI Assigned user in the task object that I want to capture the selected SMEs(Resources) from the Implementation Object. I can’t edit a custom field on the task object when it comes to workflow rules and here lies my predicament.

How it works:

The Project Manager creates a new Tracker from the Opportunity page. They enter in basic project information and they identify their SMEs based on department. Once they are ready to create the tracker and assign the tasks, they check a box that says “Assign New Program Implementation Tasks”. Once they check this box, it will create all the tasks and send emails out to the SMEs that were identified. I have the tasks assigned to me because the SMEs are not users.

How I want it to work:

I want the SMEs from the Implementation Tracker entered into the “GPI Assigned User” field.

For instance, If I am the project manager and I choose John Doe for my Recruiting SME, I want all the Recruiting tasks to be assigned to John Doe and I want an email to go to him showing the tasks in that section.

Everything is working in this application except for the fact that I cannot take the text from the Implementation Object and enter it in the Task object. There is a work around of exporting the tracker to Excel and updating the field GPI Assigned User with the data loader but this takes away the automation.

I’m hoping there is a way to write code that would bring the text from the Implementation object fields and enter that into certain task fields.

• March 30, 2010
I am creating an internal lead referral page on our Intranet site. I would like to post what Accounts we have in Salesforce so that when employees are putting in their referrals, they know what kind of Accounts we are going for. This will help eliminate useless referrals and may spark some new ideas. Is it possible to display all of our Accounts in a Drop Down list on the web site? Does anyone have some sample code like this?
  • October 28, 2008
I would like to require my sales team to associate their email to a contact and an opportunity when they are adding an email from outlook. Is it possible to require this? Maybe an s-control?
  • October 06, 2008
Hello,

This is my first posted message so hopefully I am doing it right.

I'm trying to create a validation rule that will give an error message if there is no value picked from a multi pick list. I can't figure out how to do this. I saw an Idea on the Idea Exchange that said that we don't have this ability yet. Is there a work around that anybody knows about?

Hello,

This is my first posted message so hopefully I am doing it right.

I'm trying to create a validation rule that will give an error message if there is no value picked from a multi pick list. I can't figure out how to do this. I saw an Idea on the Idea Exchange that said that we don't have this ability yet. Is there a work around that anybody knows about?

I am trying to create an e-mail template to send opportunities. I can get all the opportunity fields within the template, but I am not sure how I can add Contact Roles of a particular type into this template (actually I am not able to add Contact roles into this template)?

Any ideas will be welcome

Thank you for your time.

• November 24, 2006